1.

Once upon a night.

A boy in a nice green cotton heard the rumors of a girl who could do the impossible. A priestess of hell with wicked abilities.

And he could do the impossible so he snuck to the palace where she was held against her will.

His nimble feet walked pass the palace guards who guarded the gates and door of the palace, even the prison chambers.

"James, you have been stationed to guard the king's guest." The boy peeked into the dungeon, and the one of the guards was faced by his superior.

"Yes, sir." The guard named James said, and he moved out of the dungeon without noticing the boy sneaking behind him to the east side of the palace, where animals could be heard in the night from horses and the king's exotic animals he took pride in, to a hall that had three rooms.

The guard moved to one of the doors and guarded it, and the boy knew that was the door where the girl could be. One of his kin, perhaps or from one of the other clans.

The boy looked around him for a way to distract the clumsy guard, and make his way into the room to see for himself for the wicked magic girl, cursed by her ancestors. He shove his hand into his pocket and pulled out his last gold coin, and threw it down the hall.

"Who's there?" The guard asked, he waited for a minute before inching closer to where the sound came from.

Once he passed the boy, he dashed to the metal door where the girl was sealed in, the room she was kept.

The boy slipped in with the help of a trick his brother taught him long ago to avoid hunger and danger. The moment, he stepped inside the dark and dank room, his ears picked up the sound of cries from the middle of the room.

He waited for his eyes to adjust to the darkness and after a minute. He noticed the room filled with stacks of hay straws for the King and guard's horses to last months or least half a year.

His eyes shifted to the other side of the room for anything different when he saw her. The cursed girl. His kin from another place.

The girl almost an adult, she was young and looked to be in her late teens, she was small, dainty and twice his height. Her brown skin paled under the moonlight as tears pooled under her hands.

The boy's heart saddened at the scene so similar but felt like a memory of a long time ago, feelings of sympathy awake within him for her.

But everything was everything, now he had lost and sacrificed his only money left from an old woman who gave him to him at the marketplace. He had to find or get something greater from her, the cursed one.

"Who's there?" The servant girl asked with fear and the boy looked down at the stick his foot broke, and stepped behind one of the stack of hay more discreetly.

The girl's hands clutched her muddy light blue dress that hardly looked to be blue if not for the top of her chest, he presumed she had been dragged earlier on the ground when the rain fell.

Now, she was on the watch for signs of the people that will discover the room empty, and hang her to death.

The boy didn't answer her as she repeated it again, but remained in the shadow away from her.

The girl, on seeing no one was there to take her to her father. Put her head in her hands.

Her lovely voice pierced the room as the drizzle of earlier increased to be called rain, demanded her attention with its lightening and thunder, dimming the moonlight that lit the room in its cruel way.