18

"Where are you standing there? You cancelled your evening class, yesterday." Rumpel said, as he picked up the books for the princess' morning class with him.

"I don't have morning classes, either. It's Saturday." he turned to see the princess in front of him.

"Well, then, I'll read a book or two." he told her before following the other side, only to be blocked once more by her.

Rumpel looked at the same woman, who laid in his bed, two nights ago. Now in his front, stopping and disturbing him from preparing his books for their study session.

He gave her a stern look as he waited for her to speak or have him go his gentle, merry way off to his bedroom.

She bowed her head. "I want to go for a picnic today." she said, meekly.

On hearing that, he turned back to his study room and congratulated her. "That's great. Enjoy—"

"I want to go with you, Rumpel."

He tilted to the side, to ask her if she had grown two heads but the effects of his name on her lips distracted him.

"I can't." he said, and settled his books in their rightful place on the bookshelf.

"You can." she insisted.

"Then I wouldn't." he faced, almost yelling at her.

Her eyes widened in shock before it darkened into accepting what he wanted. "Forgive me, for stripping you of your peace of mind."

He faced his front and heard her retreating steps before the door opened and closed with a bang. He listened to her fading footsteps and sighed deeply at what had just taken place.

The fae understood that she's a princess and used to having her way, but she couldn't have her way all the time. He didn't want to be near her or make a fool of himself.

Rumpel thought about the evening he had kissed her and buried his hair in his hand, ready to slap himself. He was grateful for her helping him, but he would have been fine and he wasn't over kissing her.

The doctor was meant to make her fall in love before he took her and ruined her kingdom, but he didn't plan on kissing her. Surely, his place, a chaste kiss on the lips was used to convene a sign of friendship.

But that kiss—a growl escaped him, the more he thought about it. It was addicting and the thought of the germs they shared didn't irritate him. It was all a mistake. He shouldn't have. They shouldn't have. She was never meant to . . . He was supposed to correct his mistakes but he felt it had worsened.

His eyes searched his display of flasks and settled on the dark blue one that had been the cause of his problem. He hadn't forgotten the repercussions of taking the potions that highlighted his past, instead he chose to avoid by all means except he had no choice.

And he didn't expect to see the princess in his room, or that under the influence of the potion, he would act so boldly and as far as tasting her lips.

Taking a breather, with his mind unable to read beyond one line repeatedly for days. He decided to work on another large amount of his potion and see if he could died down the dream thing.

"Let's get to it, shall we? " he said, and he began to pull out jars of dry mushrooms and other ingredients for the making of the antidote to his curse, or more like a depressant of it.

His mind recalled some flowers he could make use of, and would have his pick from . . . Later, when he was through with the first brewing.

As he cut bits of that and strips of this and that, he wondered what made the princess to bang his door.