-4- Surrendering Hearts

Xiaoting was getting ready for her date with Yujin, who was already ready to go. Xiaoting took a bit because she was being meticulous about her look, wanting to impress Yujin and possibly woo her as pathetic or silly as it sounded she could care less. Yujin was the only thing on her mind. Meanwhile, Yujin was waiting on Xiaoting in the living room. She was staring at her reflection through her phone, fixing up her hair as she anxiously waited. She really doesn't know why she's so nervous. She was, and still is, extremely excited but her nerves kicked in while waiting as it truly dawned on her that she was going on a date with Shen Xiaoting. The girl she's been crazy about, the moment she's been waiting for. Just like Xiaoting, she made sure to look good enough to impress her date, wearing baggy jeans with a cute black crop top and a thick jean jacket that had the hood of a sweatshirt to it. While Yujin was fixing up her hair that was cascading down her shoulders with a small piece of braid, she was too busy to realize she was being watched.

"Whatcha doing?"

Yujin flinched, startled by the person next to her. She looked in the direction of the voice and saw Dayeon staring at her intently while resting her chin in her hands and leaning close to her with pure curiosity.

"Uhm... nothing. Just waiting for Xiaoting, we're going somewhere" Yujin responded rather suspicious of Dayeon's odd behavior, yet again Dayeon was always odd to Yujin. Almost immediately Dayeon smirked knowingly. She lifted her head up and gave Yujin a toothy grin. "What are you guys doing? Going on a date?" she queried playfully. Yujin debated on whether or not to admit it to her but decided against it since she wasn't ready to speak about it especially since she hadn't officially asked Xiaoting out yet.

"No. What makes you think that?"

Dayeon was stunned by Yujin's sudden confidence and poker face. 'Since when did she know how to lie?' she wondered to herself but chose not to back down.

"You're dressed to impress" Dayeon pointed out with a small smirk imprinted on her face.

Yujin looked down at herself and then back at Dayeon, simply rolling her eyes. "I always dress to impress no one but myself" It wasn't a total lie. Dayeon sighed, knowing Yujin wouldn't admit to anything. She chose not to press on the matter. She stood up, shrugging while mumbling a "sure" before walking away. Yujin sighed in relief even though she knew Dayeon didn't believe her, she still felt better when the small girl didn't interrogate her further. Just in time, she heard footsteps nearing her direction. Yujin quickly looked, ecstatic to see the girl she's been waiting for. Right at first sight her jaw hung low. She looked Xiaoting up and down whilst standing up awkwardly. The taller girl was wearing black baggy jeans, a cropped sleeveless shirt and her hair was up in two braids. Yujin was too astonished by the Chinese girl's beauty to even utter a single word. Unfortunately for Xiaoting, she got mixed signals and misunderstood Yujin's reaction as something negative. Her face immediately went red and she hung her head low, feeling her heart quicken under Yujin's stare and her thoughts raced with negativity. 'Is she judging?' 'Does she not like it?' Xiaoting's mind kept questioning until she felt a hand gently holding her chin, making her look up at Yujin. Before the leader could speak Xiaoting blurted out, "You don't like it? I knew I should've done something better.."

Yujin pouted slightly as she stared into Xiaoting's eyes, moving her hand down to hold one of Xiaoting's hands as she caressed it soothingly. "Why would you ever think that Ting?" She questioned, still pouting while her eyebrows furrowed out of worry. This made Xiaoting melt, she felt herself go soft. Despite still blushing, she was confident enough to look the other girl in the eyes.

"You weren't saying anything so I got worried.." She mumbled rather quietly

Yujin's pout turned into a lopsided grin as she intertwined their fingers. "That's because you're so beautiful I couldn't even say anything. Breathtaking really." Yujin assured the nervous girl in front of her. Xiaoting smiled widely, placing a chaste kiss on Yujin's forehead.