6

Robby's POV

About three weeks later, I decided I would tell Max that I love her. I just had to figure out how to. Every day for the past three weeks, everyone hung out. We did stuff like go to the mall, go for walks, and other stuff. I called Demetri, Hawk, Miguel, Mike, Will, Dustin, Lucas, and Bert and asked them to meet me at the park.

"So why exactly are we all here?" Demetri asked. "I need your guys's help." I told them. "With what?" Miguel asked. "I wanna tell Max I love her." I said. "Okay. I think I know what you can do." Mike said. "Alright, shoot." I said. "Alright, what you can do is we can all go to the mall and get Max a promise ring." Mike told me. "A promise ring?" I questioned. "Yeah. And when you give it to her, make a promise. Like you'll always care for her or some shit." Mike told me. That could work. I thought. "Okay, then what?" I asked. "Then you can set up a date. Like playing video games together or something." Dustin told me. "Okay, that might work." I said.

"We can help you set it up. It could be at Moon's house. We'll have to ask her mom and Max's dad if it's okay first though." Miguel told me. "Okay, let's do it."

"I don't know about this one." I said, looking through the rings. "Ooh, how about this one? It matches her eyes." Lucas said, pointing to a blue jem in the shape of a heart. "It's perfect." I said. 

Max's POV

I was hanging out with El, Aisha, Moon, Sam, and Yasmine. We were at Dairy Queen getting ice cream, laughing and talking. Suddenly I got a text from Robby.

Robby: Hey Max.

Me: Hi.

Robby: Moon told me that her mom and your dad aren't home, so maybe I could come over and we can play video games or something.

Me: Okay. Sure. I'll be there soon.

Robby: Okay, see you in a little bit.

I put my phone back into my pocket and suddenly got up. "Max, where you going?" El asked. "I gotta go do something. I'll meet you guys back at Sam's house." I told them before grabbing my skateboard, throwing my ice cream away and hurrying out the Dairy Queen. 

When I got to the house, I saw Robby standing outside the door. He was dressed a little nicer than usual. "Why you so dressed up?" I asked. "Oh, no reason. Just wanted to dress a little nicer today." He told me. I was a bit confused, but didn't really question anything. I unlocked the door and we both walked in. I set up the ps4 and we both sat down. 

We played video games for a while. Robby suddenly paused it. "What the hell I was just about to beat you" I asked, confused as to why he paused it. "There's something I need to tell you." He said, standing up. I was very confused at this point. "What is it?" I asked. 

Robby suddenly pulled something out of his pocket. It looked like an earring holder thing or something. I gave him a confused look. Robby then got down on one knee.  He opened up the thing to reveal a ring with a blue jem in the shape of a heart in the middle. "Robby, what are you doing? Are you proposing? We've known each other for three weeks. Stand up, you're freaking me out." I asked, confused. "No silly. I'm not proposing. " Robby told me. "Well if you're not proposing, then what are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm trying to say that I love you Max. I wanna marry you someday, but until then, this is a promise ring. Meaning if you accept this, I promise to always take care of you,  to never pressure you to do anything you don't wanna do, to always tell you if you have food in your teeth, I also promise to never cheat on you or anything like that. I also promise that if somebody tries anything on you, I'll make them pay." Robby said, holding one of my hands. He then got back on one knee and said, "So will you accept this ring and be my girlfriend?"

I had no idea what to do or say, so I just closed the ring holder. "Is that a no?" Robby asked, sadness in his tone. "It's a maybe." I told him. "Um, I should probably go then. See you tomorrow?" Robby said. "Yeah, sure." I told him. He then walked out the house.

I sighed before turning off the TV. Maybe I should talk to Robby about what happened. I thought. Or maybe I shouldn't. I should probably give him space.