Chapter One: Sexy Jack

In 2044, the population around the world decreased. World War III and diseases killed ninety-nine percent of the population. In the south of the United States there are only two human beings: Rose, a twenty-five-year-old brunette woman and Jack, a twenty-seven blonde man. They don't know if there are more people around the states or in other continents, since the internet and radio aren't working.

Jack has been alone for two years. His parents and siblings all died at the beginning of the war. He has traveled from Miami to Houston looking for survivors, but found no one. His next target is going to Dallas. He's losing hope, and he's not expecting to find life.

Rose is living in Dallas. She never left her city, even when all her relatives and friends died. She's afraid of zombies, aliens, vampires, serial killers or other kinds of things that she dreams at night.

Jack decides to start his journey to Dallas. His dog, Chucky, is coming with him. He adopted him one year ago, when found him lying on the street with his injured foot. Since that day, he has taken care of him. After reading a medicine book, he healed his new friend. Sometimes, he misses the internet. If it still existed, he could have found the information to heal his dog faster than going to the library and reaching out for a book.

"Just you and me, friend," he says to Chucky. Even when the canine doesn't understand him, he uses to speak to him, because if he only thought about his ideas, he would get insane.

He puts cans of bread and meat in his backpack. Of course, cans of dog food too. Enough for his loyal friend. Arriving in Dallas would take him at least fifteen days or maybe more if he finds any threat in his way.

Every day, he misses his father, mother, and brothers. His boyfriend, Johnny, was the last one to die. They used to make love every day, in every moment, in every place; as there weren't people around, they could make it wherever they wanted. As a top gay, he liked to have the control and protect Johnny. He never felt like a regular homosexual who was rejected and bullied at school or job, as he always defended himself from abusers. In the past, he used to act like a straight man: dress, attitude and behavior. Maybe he was worried about behaving like a real man, as his father had instilled to be masculine since he was a little boy. He grew up thinking that all men should be manly, brave and tough, regardless of their sexual orientation, because if a man loves another man, he must act like one, because a homosexual man looks for a male, not a feminine one. The patriarchal thoughts instilled his life. Poor him. That is the reason he was a top guy, as he didn't want to lose his manhood. Even if he was homosexual, he wouldn't stop being virile.