Chapter 1

One look at the shutting eyes of the God of Sanity and she found herself dashing forward, both arms stretched out to catch him before he could hit rock bottom. Last attempt, and perhaps the only one, to try to hold on to someone who almost slipped out right through her fingers. With the electro element aiding her speed and with a final desperate leap towards him, she managed to reach the spot right before he fell. Unable to balance herself from catching someone falling from such a great height, she almost got crushed under the sudden weight of it all, until she smelled vegetation right beneath them. By the looks of the dendro cube that cushioned their fall, the dendro archon seemed to have given a hand in the rescue.

Hastily, she looked up at the puppet sprawled out above her, inanimate, like a marionette who got its strings cut. She looked at the dendro archon for confirmation of whether he was even alive or not. However, the problem seemed to be more of an emotional sort than a physical one.

"Perhaps he's in shock after he saw his 'heart' get taken away from him right before his eyes?", interpreted the God of Wisdom.

The traveler couldn't forget the way his burning eyes seemed to lose their life before he could even reach the floor, the slow darkening of his eyes before he closed them, as if to accept his fate of ultimate loss. Not loss at the battle, but loss of self, loss of identity. For someone who has struggled so much with his identity ever since his birth, building his sense of self little by little; taking away his gnosis must have meant losing his whole purpose of existence to him. Perhaps, as a traveler with no sense of belonging to anywhere on this planet, she could relate to him more than she'd like to admit. But what does knowing all this matter? She couldn't allow him to do as he pleased, it would result in more chaos than one could imagine.

And so she had to simply stand by as Buer made sure he wouldn't be able to cause any more trouble than he already had.