Chapter 4

"Lumine? Hey, are you listening? Why do you look so dazed today?"

The girl in question simply stared at Paimon. Her companion seemed to have no clue about what had occurred the previous day. Lumine still couldn't believe what she just saw unfolding right in front of her eyes. Sure, this wasn't her first time watching someone try deleting themselves from Irminsul. But watching someone take the grave decision along with the reasons that could possibly lead up to such a desperate attempt at fixing things, it just hit different. She wasn't there when Greater Lord Rukkhadevata resolved to erase her entire existence from the history of Teyvat nor did she personally know the god. The Balladeer, although once an enemy, was someone she did know quite well, what with accidentally connecting to his consciousness through Haypasia and all. And she was present, in fact, she was the very reason he even had the confirmation he needed to attempt such a thing.

"In this world, is it possible...to change the past?"

That was what he had asked her while holding her hand in order to connect to her mind directly. His question reminded her of Greater Lord Rukkhadevata and she couldn't outright deny the possibility to him.

Admittedly, she didn't have any way of knowing beforehand that he would attempt this so she couldn't control her reaction to his surprising question. Yet, she couldn't help blaming herself for not immediately saying such a thing was impossible. Had she said his wish couldn't come true, maybe he would still be around?

She herself wasn't very sure whether it actually worked or not. Perhaps checking with people she knew in Inazuma would confirm her suspicions. She rushed out along with her traveling companion who seemed to have forgotten all about the guy whom she used to claim to hate so much.

"But where are we going, Lumine? Paimon thought we still had plans to stay in Sumeru for a little while longer?"

"Suddenly I feel nostalgic about Inazuma. You don't mind getting a history lesson today, do you?"

The floating fairy sighed with confusion at the suddenness of everything. "You really are being so random today, you know that? Oh, whatever, guess Paimon can get us some Tricolor Dango while you're at it."