Planning.

2nd Person POV

~~~~~~~~

"Hey, [[Kiddo]], wake up."

You let out a sleepy complaint as someone prods you in the side. "Whaaat?"

"Wake up."

You open your eyes and see Spamton hovering over you. You sigh and roll over, but he literally climbs on top of you and looks at you.

"Ok, fine, get off." You gently shove him off and sit up. "I'm awake."

"That's the [SP1RIT]!" He grins as his voice crackles. His tiny hand grabs yours, and he attempts to pull you up. You stand up just fine on your own and brush yourself off. "Now!" He cracks his tiny knuckles and pulls himself onto the desk. "I'm gonna [Tea]ch you how to [[Free Self Defense Classes! Click Here!] yourself, kid!"

"Why do I need to know this?" You raise an eyebrow.

"Because!" He scrambles onto a book so he's at your eye level. "You might need to defend your[Self Care]."

"...I thought you said there weren't any risks for this." You cross your arms.

"There aren't!" He laughs awkwardly. "But-! It's always [Good To Know!] how to defend yourself [In Case Of Emergency]."

You frown. "Alright, I suppose."

"You're [L!ghtner], correct?" He asks, and you nod. "Show me your [HEART SHAPED OBJECT]."

Your soul comes out of your chest, and he stares at it. He cups it in his hands, the soul glowing its usual S/C. He pats it softly, and you shiver.

"N0w!" He backs up a little bit, summoning one of his small blue orb things. Without warning, he throws it at you. You yelp and back up. A small, mini-Spamton comes out of the egg and crawls up your arm. You bat it with your hand, but it clamps its tiny little teeth down on a bare patch of skin on your neck. You slap it, and it dissipates, then you rub the small bruise it left.

"What the fuck was that for?" You growl.

He pinches the bridge of his nose and shakes his head. "You've got a lot to [Learn], kid." He summons another egg thing in his hand. "When I throw this [@] you, you need to [Used Goods!] your m4gic to [[Blocked!]] it, [K]?"

You frown, but you nod. "Ok..."

He throws the egg at you again, and it bounces off your head. Another mini-Spamton bites your neck, and you hiss.

"What am I doing wrong?" You ask.

"You're not reaching [DEEPER!] into your soul." He says. "Again."

Another egg is thrown at you, and you earn another bite mark. Although this time, as the mini-Spamton dissipates, you form a small, S/C dagger in your hands. It disappears quickly, though.

Spamton notices it and laughs. "HAHEHAHE-! THAT'S IT! YOU DID IT, KID!"

You look at your hands and blink. "...I don't know what I did."

Another blue egg flashes out of the corner of your eye, and a S/C dagger forms in your hands. You slash at the egg, and it falls to the ground. The mini-Spamton inside dissipates instantly.

"HAHHEHAHE-" Spamton coughs and slaps himself. "[GRATE] JOB, SUNSHINE!"

"Huh..." You look at the dagger in your hands as it disappears. "I did it."

"Aga1n!"

~~~~~~~~

You and Spamton spent the last hour and a half training. Your entire neck is covered in bruises, and now you're lying on the floor with an ice pack that Spamton stole.

"[Your] very good at that, sunshine." He pats your thigh.

"Thanks." You say. "So, um... What do I get out of all of this? The whole... Going to Queen's place, getting that disk, and then coming back?"

He chuckles. "You'll [Sea]."

You stare at the ceiling, and Spamton scampers off. He comes back with a soda can, then hands it to you. You take it and take a sip.

"So," Spamton starts, "I can give you a [Take A Map] of the mansion."

"I still don't really know why I agreed to this, but... Ok." You sit up a bit and wince. "Maybe wait until these bruises heal, though? They're kinda painful."

"[Write]." He says. He has a distracted look in his eyes.

"You ok?" You look over at him. "You look... Distant."

"H-Huh?" He blinks. "No-! Not [Distant]." His voice warps to imitate you. "Just thinking."

"About what?"

"...[Freedom]."

"Oh."

"So... Cl0$e..." His voice crackles a little bit, and he reaches out with his small hands, like there's something in front of him that he's trying to grab.

"Will this disk help you get... Freedom?" You ask.

He nods barely.

You take a moment to really look at him. He's small, obviously, but you notice that there's more burns than you thought. There's some on his neck, and some on his legs. You also see a couple on his face. His hair is oily and slicked back, but you notice some singed parts of his hair. The rims of his glasses are slightly bent, maybe a little melted?

He starts to tremble, like he's cold, and you take his hand. He blinks at you, then crawls onto your lap. You place a hand on the back of his neck, which sends a shiver up your arm. Maybe he really is cold.

"...W-W4rm." He mumbles into your chest, proving that, yes, he's cold. You're not entirely sure how Darkner bodies work, but you guess they aren't like Lightner's. He's trembling in your arms, and you grab the blanket he gave you from off the floor and wrap it around the two of you.

You lay down on your back and stare at the ceiling. He curls up on your chest, and he grabs your hand with his own tiny one. You hold it gently and stroke the top of his head, then close your eyes.

~~~~~~~~

A/N: HAHAHA LOOK AT ME TODAY I'M ON A ROLL. FIRST THE NM X READER AND NOW THIS. I HAVEN'T UPDATED THIS IN MONTHS I'M SO SORRY LOL. I RECENTLY LIKE- STARTED RE-LISTEING TO DELTARUNE SONGS AND NOW MY OBSESSION WITH SPAMTON IS BACK. HELP.

This thing is not going to be updated regularly, but I'm going to try to make sure it doesn't stay dusty for another 3 months? Sorry guys lmao.

I'm very proud of myself for getting this chapter out :D

silent stare at the killermare book

I will undust you one day, killermare. One day...

SO YEAH ANYWAY GUYS I HOP THIS IS A GOOD CHAPTER LOL. BYE