𝟎𝟔 | his hummingbird

«NO MATTER HOW MUCH I BICKER AND COMPLAIN, I would still choose your thunder and rain over someone's sunny day »

A cool breeze enters the room. The bed sheets don't provide enough warmth. Ines rolls to her side, extending her hand. The space next to her is empty. Rubbing her tired eyes, she looks around the sleek penthouse confused.

Where could he possibly be?

Lifting her head from the spicy pillows, Ines pulls her legs over the edge and reaches for the black t-shirt sitting nearby. Pulling it over her head, the shirt fits loose, stopping at her mid thighs. Ines is too exhausted to care.

She walked through the darkness at ease, coming out into the living room where the floor to ceiling windows revealed Nueva York's futuristic skyline where she took in the dizzying sight of flying cars zooming past and towering skyscrapers stitched with neon lights.

The penthouse overall offered a sleek, minimalist style with an all black and silver chrome furnishing.  And with the full bar stocked with the finest spirits and liquors from around the multiverse, Ines could just feel the luxury oozing out of this place.

By the time she neared towards the end of the penthouse a rhythmic sound followed. Ines curiously went down the hall, peeking her head inside. Miguel was there in the fully outfitted gym room, in front of the punching bag.

Ines swallowed her saliva watching his back muscles bulge with each punch being thrown. Her mind slowly reels back to their bodies tangled within the bed sheets with each hit against the bag echoing out loud.

"SAY IT," his demands persisted throughout the heated night. Ines clutched at his thick shoulders, digging her nails deep in with every deep plunge. "I.." She stopped, unable to fully form a sentence, surrendering completely to her desires. His name tumbling off her lips as wave of pain and pleasure build within.

"Que haces aqui?" Miguel's voice snaps her back to reality. "You should be asleep" he said with slight irritation.

Ines blinks several times, noticing the punching bag torn with a hole plunged inside. She glanced back to him, stepping inside the room with slight caution. Miguel raises his eyebrow. "I noticed you were gone" her eyebrows gently tugged upwards, making her doe eyes more apparent.

Miguel sighed, crossing his arms over his bare chest. He seemed to be having some sort of conversation in his own head. Ines didn't mind. She reached over, grabbing a nearby towel and gently grabbed his hand, pressing the fabric against his bloodied knuckles. Miguel frowns, watching her. It wasn't necessary of her to do this. With his modified DNA, he would heal soon, but Ines couldn't help it. She grabbed the nearby first aid kit and sprayed the alcohol into his semi open wounds, noticing his muscles slightly tighten.

"Not even a heads up?" He raised his eyebrow.

Ines weakly smiled, wiping the antiseptic on his bruised knuckles where he had been punching too vigorously. "Sorry" she mumbled, tilting her head a bit as she concentrated.

"I guess you have trouble sleeping too" Ines briefly glanced up at Miguel who had been still this entire time, brooding. "Don't worry, I'm not judging you. The things we have to do.. it messes us up." This got Miguel's attention. "Some nights are easier than others, but the nightmares never really go away." she whispered, continuing to tend to his hand until his knuckles were all bandaged up.

Ines went to stand up to put the kit back when Miguel stopped her. His large hands traveling from her arm to her dainty waist. "Come here" his deep voice is gentle now. Her heart skipping a beat each time his tawny eyes met hers, melting right into his touch.

His lips met hers halfway through, stealing her breath away. Ines smiled into the kiss, pulling away. Her fingers gently traced against his jawline noticing the corner of his lips tugging into a smile. "Let's get you back to bed" he ordered, "And maybe this time you'll finally stay there."

"