𝟎𝟖 | better luck next time

THINGS SHOULD'VE ENDED WHEN I GOT BIT

THINGS SHOULD'VE ENDED WHEN I GOT BIT. Damn, no one gets it. Should I be kind and remind that I'm weak? So I fall more behind every week? Stairs to the streets, to the gutters, to the sea. I swear on my life that I try.

A blur of euphoric neon signs illuminated every inch of this city. The hot vivid shade of pink and violet shimmered off of her suit with her jet black curls streaming behind her like a cape as she swung through the streets of Harlem.

Ines spun in the air as her eyes danced from rooftop to rooftop. It was these brief moments that she belonged to no one, but the sky. Any concerns she had seemed to have withered away as she sailed above the crowded streets, launching another web shot to propel herself further into her city.

The physical thrill of this was something she could never get tired of. And no one could take that away.

Ines continued her nightly patrol. The crisp air of the rain-fresh pavement and the sound of the city buzzing beneath her hit her senses all at once.
Turning the corner a flash of familiar, yet unexpected arrange colors came into view. Ines slowed down, lightly landing right on top of some random rooftop. Her knees lowered as her eyes watched her friend, Miles enter a club with a few of his friends.

Her hardened jaw loosened. She lowered her face mask, attentively paying attention to every detail she could. Like the fresh pair of Jordan's he had on. They were untied with his darkened jeans not too low like everyone else's. The golden necklace she gifted him was still wrapped around his neck, laying perfectly against his white tshirt. Ines didn't realize she was smiling. Not until he got past security and entered the building. That's when her cheerful expression faltered.