Chapter 22: Softball with a Kick

"OOOOOOOOHHHHHH, I get it! hah!" I yelled as the coach gave me a good long description of the game.

I sat out on the bench with my team as we were the ones up to bat first with Amelia's team spread out on the field. While sitting and waiting the coach came up to me and persistently tried to talk to me, which led to the conversation "If I ever played" then to this convo. But I'm PRETTY sure he was trying to butter me up to get me to join since I did have a pretty athletic build with good amounts of muscles on my arms and legs from back in my days as grudgby star player.
Pretty damn good not to brag.

"Wanna see if you can bat?" He asked as I took notice that the player on my team struck out or whatever making her way back to our little sanctuary called a dugout.

"mmmmm, sure. why not?" I said as It seemed fun to wack something really hard.

I grabbed the girl's bat right as she sat it down on the nearby fence in front. I felt the weight of the bat it being all wooden and pretty light almost easy for me to break it. I walked up to the plate next to the catcher as I did a little swing really not sure if this bat could handle a ball.

On base so far was Wionna along with another girl with silver hair and dark brown skin. Amelia was on the pitcher's mound fixing her hair with her glove and the ball being held under her arm. Amelia took notice of my presence as she was surprised I was even up.

"Do you even know how to play?" she asked in a snarky tone as I smiled.

"Yeah, I just learned a few minutes ago," I snapped back as she rolled her eyes while I got into stance. I focused on her pitch as she stood up straight glove in front of her till she circled her arm pitching a fastball I wasn't expecting.

"Ball!" the catcher said behind me as Amelia rolled her eyes.

"Alright I see you blight, but it wasn't really that fast if that's what you're trying to do," I taunted as Amelia gave me a cold glare.

"Are you sure about that?"

"she's the best pitcher in the state Lucia!" Wionna yelled from second base as I shrugged.

"I just wanna see if I can hit the best pitcher fastball," I said still trying to rile up greenie for fun.

Amelia gave no answer but got into stance as a smirk started to rise on my face as I too got into stance. There was silence and tension between us as I locked eyes with the girl not wanting to shift gazes until she started to slowly shift and lift her arm.

The ball came fast, Super fast. But I used magic to better see and predict the ball as I tensed my arms, took a step, and swung. I guess I put too much magic into my swing, despite it being very little, because once the ball and bat collided the ball immediately shot up being faster than before while the wooden bat broke.

*BAM*

It broke in half, maybe multiple pieces, as I and everyone present watched the ball go up and far past the fence and over the scoreboard.

"BOOOM BABY!" I laughed like a maniac as I ran the bases while everyone stood still in shock. "AHAHA, IN YOUR FACE GREENIE! MAN, I'M GOOD!" I yelled as I ran the last base and decided to let a little bit of my ego slip through.

Amelia was the first to turn her attention to me as she was surprised but had this look like she was piecing something together. Before I could ask, Wionna ran up to me and shoved my shoulder as She was amazed by my swing, and everyone soon after surrounded me.

"Dude what the hell!" she said with a smile as she and everyone asked questions that I could not understand.

"Lucia," I heard the coach say as he walked over and the girls started to make way for him. He had a smile plastered on his face as he stopped in front of me with his hands resting on the sides of his hips. "You sure know how to hit! Are you trying out for softball? You really should consider it."