Explaining

"This is just self-indulgent, really...
_________________________
"Tell us what?" Amethyst asked, perplexed. (Oh yeah, Steven's point of view) "Well, you see, the gem world is..." Pearl stuttered out. "Home is having major weather issues," Lapis said, finally getting to the point. Jasper and Lapis were really close now. I wonder if they live together. "Hey guys, do you live together?" I asked the two gems. "Yeah we do, got a problem with it Lil' Rose?" the beefy gem yelled. "Nope!" I merilly responded. She had a really tight grip on Lapis' hand. It looked... painful. "Hey Lapis, doesn't that hurt you?" I gestured towards her trapped hand. "That's a little off-topic, Steven," she said. Yup, something is up. "So, wait. Nobody can go to the little gem planet cuz of some climate change?" Amethyst said, steering the conversation back to it's original path. "Yup, that's pretty much it," Ruby said in a much more casual tone than her usual one. A teacher approached us. "Excuse me, but why aren't you kids eating lunch?" she said. "Oh, I don't e-" Pearl was cut off by me, Quick-witted Steven. She took my hand from her mouth and said, perplexed," What's wrong? And have you washed those hands recently?" The teacher just stared at us while I ignored Pearl. She left soon. "All right, time for gym!" Amethyst yelled. All right, g- WAIT!! They have gym uniforms and locker rooms. "Guys, I'll have to change in gym!" I said, scared. " I got this," Ruby stated, as calm as Garnet always is. Maybe that's where it comes from. She took off her headband and put it around my chest under the shirt. "What?" I asked. "Now you seem like a girl, just turn your back once your shirt is off... and don't sweat too much," Ruby explained. We headed to gym and went into the locker room. The teacher was an old, but fit lady. We all had to put on shorts and a tanktop that was yellow and blue. I managed mine on with no problem, but when I turned around, I saw Pearl who was half-naked and criticizing the outfit's lack of symmetry. I also saw Amethyst mocking random kids' chests. Jasper had Lapis pinned to the lockers. The tiny Garnets were kissing eachother playfully, already dressed. This was going to be a long class... No, really, this class is like an hour long, maybe even more. Soon, we were all outside and in position for a game of dodgeball. When the teacher blew her whistle, the first thing I noticed was Garnet... That wasn't good.