Fight and Flight

2 DAYS AGO

Mileena's Pov: I was lying on my makeshift bed in the jungle when Baraka came into my tent.

"Mileena Kahn. The Red Dragons have been ambushed by the Black Dragons and Kotal. Erron Black has killed Hsu Hao, and we may be in danger of being located by them. I ordered the rebels to pack. Where should we go?" Baraka informed me. Shit this is going to the netherrrealm. Most places are in the opening, and we can not go underground.

"The the old Naknada mines. Kotal will be weakened, and plus, it's underground." I told Baraka. Before I can get another word in a gunshot, and pain feels my head. Total hell breaks lose. Everyone is fighting. Baraka tries to get me to safety, but Reptile and the 2 chameleons show up, and Baraka tries his best to fight them and give them nasty cuts. After a bit, he gets overwhelmed, and he gets his jaw broken and nearly beaten to death.

"Time to answer for your crimes, Mileena." Reptile tells me. Tanya and Rain jump in and fight the 3. I tried to crawl to find a place to hide. Kollecter was slaughtering as many Osh-Tekk soldiers as he could. It wasn't long before a laser beam splits him in 2. Kano signals the Black Dragons to join in. Most were killed instantly by rockets via the Red Dragons.

The dragons have now joined in, and now if things were bad now, we may as well be in the netherrrealm. Movado was firing rockets at Ermac, who nearly kills him via sending them back at him. I tried to find a log to hide in, and I felt the end of a gun pointed at my head.

"You aren't escaping that easily." He tells me. Rain was fighting Kotal but was beaten with his hands being broken. He screams in pain. Tanya flees the battle. I see Kotal and his smug smirk. Then Black smashes the end of his gun at my skull. Then blank.

Hours later.

I awaken in a cell with a pool of my blood as my pillow. My head is in agony, but that wasn't the worst of it. Black's bullet was removed, but the pain was still there. Baraka and Rain were nearby. We all looked like hell.

"Enjoy this last day." Kotal informs us. "Tomorrow you will be executed. Your rebellion dies here." He leaves the room while my heart sank. I failed my father. Now I'll join him in death.

"Ta... Tanya isn't here." Baraka says through a broken jaw. "She l... left us to die."

"I wouldn't count her out yet, Baraka." Rain said with confidence. "We may not be out of this yet."

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"When she appears follow her." Rain answered. While slowly moving his hands.

"How a...are you e...even doing that?" Baraka slowly began fading in and out of consciousness.

"Being Edenian and a demi god does has some nice benefits. Just wait, and we shall still win." I don't even know if it's bravado or him trying to make us feel better. But I didn't care. I wanted things to be simple where my father was alive and I could be the princess of outworld and didn't have to worry about things. I could only dream.

7 MINUTES BEFORE EXECUTION

I hated this feeling. Daughter of Shao Kahn and Kahn of outworld for years to be put to death in public.

"I th... thought Tanya wo... would be here now."

"Be more patient, Baraka." Rain tells Baraka as Kotal gives a speech.

"Citizens of outworld! Too long have you faced the war, and today it shall end! For years, the abomination known as Mileena, the half god Rain, and the scrouge known as Baraka. Shall be put to death! You shall know peace for the first time in years! And now it's time for the 3 to die. Erron, D'Vorah, will you help me do the honors?" The 2 agree, and I just want this to be over.

"Sure thing, I calm the half god," Erron answered.

"This one gladly takes the Tarkatan."

BOOM

An explosion is heard before we were killed. The crowd looks to where it happened, and more go off. Multiple civilians die with Ermac, and D'Vorah goes to the explosions. A smoke garnade land near us. Tanya unchains us as we follow her into the caves. Footsteps of the army are close by with spears that nearly miss us.

She has an amulet that was golden with a green gem in the middle. "We are going to Chaos realm kids." Tanya jokley tells us.

"Don't let them escape!" Kotal yells. Reptile spits his acid, and kano throws his knives. They miss me mostly but hit my leg that was already injured. Kano shoots his laser to try to kill us where we stood, but Tanya tried to use the amulet to try to deflect it.

The amulet went haywire and started to act like it had a mind of its own. Beams shot randomly, killing anyone who gets caught. It nearly hits kotal, but of course, he survived the prick. After a minute of the deadly beams, the amulet teleported me earthrealm.

I land in the woods and start to try to find anything to numb the pain. I spend a few hours wandering through the forest and see buildings that look quite interesting. I try to make a quiet entrance and find whatever I can find. Until I step on a branch.

END OF FLASHBACK

I smelled something delicious and woke up. I tried to walk there, but before I could get up, the pain reminded me of my wound.

"Mileena?" Hanzo seems somewhat confused. "Have you been sleeping this whole time? It's been 5 hours. Come, it's time to dinner."

"I could go for food. It's gonna feel weird not having to look over my shoulder for Kotal, but a welcomed change." I ate my sushi, rice, and pork. "How can earthrealm food be so good?" I asked.

"By tending to the field and by taking care of the animals." Hanzo answered while getting up. "I need to get the Shirai Ryu ready for the tournament."