10. This is Halloween *

"Boys and girls of every age, wouldn't you like to see something strange?" ~ This is Halloween, Panic! at the Disco

It is now two months into the term - two whole months - and today is Halloween.

I can't believe that it's two whole months since Harry and I left Privet Drive, it seems like only yesterday that we woke up to Aunt Petunia telling us it was 'Duddy's birthday'.

In each class, we've begun learning more advanced spells. In Charms we're even learning how to make things float.

"One of a wizards most rudimentary skills is levitation...or the ability to make objects fly." Professor Flitwick tells us as he stands upon his stack of books.

"Do you have your feathers? Good. Now, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practising. The swish and flick. Everyone."

We all repeat after him and practise our wand movement.

"Good, and enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go, then."

I look to my partner, Seamus, and we share an excited smile.

The only bad thing about Charms is the arranged seating; I'm sat next to Seamus, Harry to Neville and Ron to Hermione.

And we all know that Seamus has a strange habit of blowing things up.

We all pick up our wands and begin trying to make our large feathers fly.

"Wingardium Leviosa."

"Stop, stop, stop!" I hear Hermione say. I look over to see her correcting Ron. "You're going to take someone's eye out. And besides, you're saying it wrong. It's Leviosa, not Leviosar."

"You do it then if you're so clever. Go on, go on." Ron retorts.

Hermione raises her eyebrows and points her wand at the feather.

"Wingardium Leviosa." She says, and the feather begins to slowly raise into the air.

Ron's lips part and he appears to be indifferent to Hermione's success.

"Wingardium Leviosa," I say, eager to preform the spell correctly.

As it did for Hermione, my feather raises into the air. I laugh in disbelief and smile.

"Well done! See here, everyone, Miss Granger's done it! And Miss Potter too! Splendid! Well done, dears." Flitwick praises, making me gush with pride.

"Wingardium Leviosa! Wingardium Leviosa!" Seamus begins slurring the spell while waving his wand aimlessly at the feather.

Suddenly, Seamus' chanting of the spell causes a small explosion.

I squeal in fright and my feather drops from the air.

Seamus' feather is completely gone...and the same can be said for his eyebrows.

"I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor."

~*~

"It's Leviosa, not Leviosar." Ron mocks as we leave the Charms classroom. The other guys laugh but I stay silent.

"She's a nightmare, honestly! No wonder she hasn't got any friends." Ron says harshly and I bite my tongue.

Only moments after Ron's comments, Hermione pushes past us and rushes forward, clutching her text books tightly to her chest.

I can hear her crying as she gets further away from us.

"I think she heard you." Harry says.

"I'm her friend," I say simply, before rushing after her.