18. Coming Together *

"I've been waiting on a miracle" ~ Miracle, Paramore

"You mean, You-Know-Who is out there right now in the Forest?" Hermione questions us, following our recount of the incident in the forest.

"But he's weak. He's living off the unicorns. Don't you see? We had it all wrong." I say, pacing slightly.

"Snape doesn't want the Stone for himself. He wants it for Voldemort. With the Elixir of Life, Voldemort will be strong again. He'll..he'll come back." Harry says.

"But if he comes back, you don't think he'll try to kill you two, do you?" Ron asks nervously.

"I think if he'd had the chance, he might have tried to kill us tonight," I say truthfully, nervously fidgeting with the end of my jumper.

"And to think I've been worrying about my potions final." Ron gulps anxiously, making his usual terrified face.

"Hang on a minute. We're forgetting one thing. Who's the one wizard Who-Know-Who always feared?" Hermione asks.

We all shrug sheepishly.

"Dumbledore. As long as Dumbledore is around, Harry and Hayleeou're safe. As long as Dumbledore's around, you can't be touched."

But then why do I feel as if danger is right around the corner?

~*~

"I've always heard Hogwarts' end of year exams were frightful, but I found that quite enjoyable." Hermione muses as we leave our exams.

"Speak for yourself," Ron says, as my scar begins burning up again. "You alright, Harry and Haylee?"

"Our scars. They keep burning." Harry says through gritted teeth.

"It's happened before."

"Not like this," I mumble, rubbing at my forehead.

"Perhaps you should see the nurse," Ron suggests.

"I think it's a warning," Harry admits, looking straight at me.

"It means danger's coming," I add.

"Of course" Harry and I suddenly whisper in unison, as Hagrid's hut comes into view.

Almost as if our minds are in complete and utter sync.

"What is it?"

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger turns up and just happens to have one?" I explain as we walk quickly towards Hagrid. "Honestly, how many people walk around with dragon eggs in their pocket? It's ridiculous!"

"Why didn't we see it before?"

"Hagrid who gave you the egg? What did he look like?" Harry asks frantically, as we reach the Hut.

Hagrid stops what he was doing, and gives us a strange glance. It then turns into a look of thought, as if he's trying to remember.

"I dunno," Hagrid replies, "never saw his face. he kept his hood up.

"This stranger, though, you and he must have talked." I persist.

"He wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him 'After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem.'" Hagrid says.

"Did he seem interested in Fluffy?"

"Of course, he was interested. How often do you come across a three-headed dog?" Hagrid answers. "But I told him, 'the trick with any beast is to know how to calm him'. Take Fluffy for example. Play him music and he falls straight to sleep."

"I shouldn't have told you that," Hagrid says yet again as we all share a glance.

Without another word the four of us sprint back up to the castle and into McGonagall's office.

"We have to see Professor Dumbledore. Immediately!" Harry exclaims, making McGonagall stare strangely at us.

"I'm afraid he's not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left." She says, making my jaw drop.

"He's gone?" I question. "Professor this is important!"

"This is about...the Philosopher's Stone!" I admit, making a spilt-second decision to come clean.

A grim look dawns on McGonagall's face and she frowns.

"How do you know--?"

"Someone's going to try and steal it." Harry interrupts her.

"I don't know how you know, but I assure you it is well protected. Now would you go back to your dormitories? Quietly." She says, her voice sounding worried.

Whether she's worried about the looming possibility of a security breach concerning the Stone, or the fact that we know about the Stone, I have no idea.

I sigh and we turn around and begin the walk to Gryffindor Tower.

"That was no stranger Hagrid met in the village. It was Snape." I tell the others. "Which means he knows how to get past Fluffy."

"And with Dumbledore gone--"

"Good afternoon."

Speak of the greasy devil.

We turn to see Snape standing behind us, giving us his usual brooding stare.

"Now what would three young Gryffindors, like yourselves, be doing inside on a day like this?" He questions us, in his slow, almost unbearable tone.

"We were just-" Hermione stutters slightly, giving me a look that screams 'help me'.

"You four ought to be careful," Snape says, "people will think you're up to something."

With that, he turns and walks in the opposite direction.

"Now what do we so?" Mione hisses.

"We go down the trap door. Tonight."

____________________________________________

Please remember to vote/comment/follow if you enjoyed this chapter.

*this chapter has been edited*