15. Nicholas Flamel and His Stone *

"We were just kids" ~ Satellite, All Time Low

Weeks have passed since the events of Christmas and the ice and snow in the Hogwarts grounds have melted away. Winter has turned to Spring and all the students have returned.

And Hermione has told us that she's discovered something about Nicholas Flamel.

"I had you looking in the wrong section." She tells us as she places a massive book on the table in front of us. "How could I be so stupid? I checked this out weeks ago for a bit of light reading."

"This is light?" Ron questions, looking down at the thick book.

Hermione simply glares at him and continues flipping through the pages.

"Of course! Here it is." She says. "Nicholas Flamel is the only known creator of the Philosophers' Stone." She says, sounding as if she expects us to know what that is.

"The what?" The boys and I ask.

"Honestly, don't you three read?" Mione says irritably.

"Not thousand page history books, no," I mutter, making Ron and Harry stifle laughs.

"The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers." Hermione reads aloud. "It'll transform any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal."

"Immortal?" Ron says.

"It means you'll never die."

"I know what it means!" He says angrily.

"Shh!"

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist who last year celebrated his 665th birthday." Hermione continues.

Whoa.

"That's what Fluffy's guarding on the third floor. That's what's under the trap door. The Philosopher's Stone." Hermione says, sounding very sure of herself.

"Well, no wonder Snape wants the stone," I speak up. "Who wouldn't?"

"Yeah, and no wonder we couldn't find Nicholas Flamel in Study of Recent Development in Wizardry. He's not exactly recent, is he?" Ron adds.

"Well, I'm sure he looks brilliant for his age, Ron." I joke, making all three of them send me a grin.

________________________________________

Okay is this is literally the shortest chapter ever, I'm so sorry.

*this chapter has been edited*