2. Letters from No One *

"Who said that every wish, will be heard and answered when wished on the morning star? Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it, now look what it's done, so far"~The Rainbow Connection

The boa constrictor incident earned Harry and me our longest punishment ever. By the time Uncle Vernon allowed us to leave our dark, smelly cupboard, the summer holidays had already started. I'm glad that school is finally over, yet there is still no escaping Dudley.

That's why Harry and I spend as much time away from the house as possible. Whether it be wandering around the neighbourhood or even sitting outside the house, anywhere but that horrid house is better.

Luckily, at the end of the holidays, Harry and I will be attending a different a school to Dudley.

Dudley is going to be attending Smeltings; a very prestigious and expensive private school, that Uncle Vernon attended when he was younger.

While Harry and I will be attending Stonewall high, the local comprehensive. Dudley thinks that it's hilarious that he is going to such a high-class school, and we're going to the local public school. Little does he know how much we're looking forward to it.

Harry and I walk into the kitchen, following the horrible smell that is drifting about the house. Aunt Petunia is standing over a metal tub, filled with dirty rags and foul grey water.

"What's this?" I asked her, trying not to breathe in the smell.

"Your new school uniforms." She says, sounding as if it is obvious.

"Oh," Harry says "I didn't realise they had to be so wet." He jokes. I laugh and at a grinning Harry.

"Don't be stupid!" Aunt Petunia snaps "I'm dyeing some of Dudley's old things grey for you, they'll look just like everyone else's even I'm finished."

I seriously doubt that I'm guessing it will just be another reason for the other kids to make fun if us. No doubt they'll think we're freaks.

Everyone does.

Uncle Vernon and Dudley both come in, wrinkled noses and furrowed brows, both caused by the revolting smell coming from out from the uniforms.

"Get the post, Dudley." Uncle Vernon says, from behind his newspaper

"Make Haylee get it." He whines loudly, in his usual high pitched tone

"Get the post, Haylee." Uncle Vernon says to me, with a harsher tone than what he used with Dudley. I inwardly groan as I turn on my heel, heading for the door.

On the floor in front of me, lay three unopened envelopes; two bills and -- a letter addressed to Harry and me!

Mr H and Miss H Potter

The cupboard under the stairs

4 Privet Drive

Little Whinging

Surrey

My heart jumps for joy at the sight if the letter. Never, in 11 years have Harry and I ever received a letter. I walk back out into the kitchen, examining the letter.

I hand the bills over to Uncle Vernon and move over to Harry, flashing him the letter. His mouth drops as I prepare to rip the envelope over

"Dad!" Dudley says loudly "Dad! Harry and Haylee have got a letter!"

Before my fingers can tear open the heavy envelope, it's snatched from my hands by Uncle Vernon.

"That's ours!" Harry cries as he jumps toward, attempting to snatch the letter back.