Defiance By Nature.

As time passed and the number of increased , people stopped showing up. You stood next to Kanao as what seemed to be the last of the candidates joined the scene.

You looked around with a raised brow at the low attendance rate.

Damn,You thought as you watched the majority of them grip their swords from nerves. Just by looking at them you could make an easy evaluation as to who would live and who would die.

When it comes to something as traumatizing and fatal as demon slaying there is no room for nerves. It will ensure your downfall.

Sadly, not everyone was put through the same strenuous training as You ,Kanao, Muichiro and Genya, but still wether you lived or died isn't up to your training it's up to you.

Kinda like what Pretty Eyes from earlier was saying.

"Everyone," a soft but blank voice called out into the open catching the attention of every attendant,"We thank you for coming here tonight to the demon slayer corps Final Selection." an other voice chimes in and soo we are listening to voth of my favourite twins go through the process with us," There are many demons imprisoned here on Mt. Fujikasane captured by the demon slayer swordsmen and unable to leave. That is because wisteria , which demons hate so much , blooms year-round from the bottom to the and halfway up the mountain. However, there is no wisteria from this point on and so demons abound."

They gave us sometime to collect the information and began to speak once again,"You'll need to survive here for seven days to pass Final Selection , and now be on your way."

Lovely,You thought as you smirked unsheathing your sword . Aboslutely lovely.

"Kanao-kun , knock them dead."

"With pleasure ,Y/n-kun. Do your worst as well."she should replied as the butterfly she was playing with flew up into the air looping around her in circles before being carried away in the gently wind. You watched it in awe and felt tranquility in your soul as you smiled and hugged your best friend." Be careful."

"Genya don't die."You commented as you passed the boy. Genya side eyed you as you walked by."And don't hit any of those stank demons with your infamous side eye."

As you all walked under the arch and into the mountain , you all parted ways. Mostly because being by yourself is the only way to really tell wether or not you fail or succeed.

"Good luck ,Tokito-chan." Tanjiro wished as he walked past you,"Kill some demons Kamado-chan!" You said as you walked watched him go. "And be careful." Tanjiro smiled at you from over his shoulder. "You too!" and with one last look at you he disappeared into the trees.

The air was stiff and the sweet scent of wisteria filled the atmosphere , but you could easily tell that as you got deeper into the mountain, demons were near-by. Their repulsive smells tainted the air.

"Ara~ara, what do we have here?"

You rolled your eyes in boredom and exasperation,was this really how demons talked to their prey?because if so I'm about to have a lot of fun.

You flexed your unsheathed sword as you swung it around your body and sprang at the demon with impressive speed. The air was thick with the smile of blood and you felt your own jaw tighten at the thought of people already being dead. For them you would kill these things.