Defiance by Return

☀︎︎ఌ︎☀︎︎ఌ︎☀︎︎ఌ︎☀︎︎ఌ︎☀︎︎ఌ︎☀︎︎ఌ︎☀︎︎ఌ︎☀︎︎ఌ︎☀︎︎
"If you hold me without hurting me
you'd be the first you
you ever did."

   ︎︎ఌ︎☀︎︎ఌ︎☀︎︎ఌ︎☀︎︎ఌ︎☀︎︎ఌ︎☀︎︎ఌ︎☀︎︎ఌ︎☀︎︎ఌ︎☀︎︎

I stood next to Kamado-chan as the children of Oyakata-sama addressed us. It was time to pick out our ores. I remember Muichiro racking his brain trying to remember his time in Final Seletion , but just as the memory came it went. Sadly , because he couldn't remember I was unprepared for this moment.

A

sking around became tiring, everyone else had a different experience with the exception of Uzui-chan and Tomiako-kun.

Hence the reason why I decided to wait for my very own experience. My hand clasped around a small ore with a greenish tint and picked it up.

Momo-chan will love this. It would be an honor to have her be my blacksmith. She was the best in the game and before I left for the Selection she said that she wanted to be my swordsmith. Said she didn't want any man giving me some half dead excuse for excellence.

I walked over to Kamado-chan wanting to bid farewell."Hope we meet again soon Kamado-chan, I enjoyed our first impression!"

Kamado-chan looked exhausted, his disheveled red hair was a little messier than before. His face was covered in dirt , probably from having to rest on the ground or a tree, yet nothing could top the exhaustion in his eyes. Poor guy.

Kamado-chan smiled with closed eyes and rubbed his neck,"I hope to meet you again,Tokito-chan."

My eyes took in Kamado -chan's features for the last time before I turned around ready to go home with Kanao. I sighed and stopped. I needed to be frank with him. One thing I learned from my father was to always be honest ,and if this was to be the last time that I would see Kamado-chan, I intend to make the most of what little time left.

With my back facing him I said this,"Kamado-chan, you are ultimately the most peculiar person I have ever meet. And I have only "known" you for a minute."Enfacis on the word known , because we only just meet each other."Peculiar in a good way."

I didn't waste a second in rushing away from him and towards Kanao-kun.

"Ready (n/n)?" She asked petting her crow. I looked to mine that was perched upon my shoulder comfortably and chuckled, rubbing his head,"Yes."

We only started walking when we heard when a voice called out  ,"Tokito-chan wait a moment please!"

please?

I didn't even have to look to know that the voice belonged to the one and only Kamado Tanjiro. People don't readily ask so politely.

My head turned in his direction to see him stumbling over to us, his exhaustion heavy on his body. I rushed to meet him halfway to ease his pain,"Yes Kamado-chan?"

Kamado-chan's cheeks flushed a deep red as he looked into my eyes and says,"I've never meet anyone who smells as determined as you so. It suits you better than sadness and makes you even more alluring."

My breath hitched in my throat as I stared wide eyed at the boy before me. What? smells? it must be his abnormal ability ,like how I can sense things easily. In that case Kamado-chan saying this to me is something of significance too us both.

I blushed , bowing my head to hide my reaction,"Kamado-chan."

I didn't know what to say. I looked up and my eyes met his and suddenly I knew what to do. I kiss my palm and press it to his cheek."An indirect kiss for a special boy."

And then I turned , grabbed Kanao's hand and bolted. But I failed to see the blush of surprise and the look of admiration that followed in my wake.