Chapter 2

a/n

AHH chapter 2!!!! I actually opened my criminology textbook for the first time in months so I'd actually get the info right, so have fun learning some theories of criminality!

at some point Tara will probably have a separate pov but atp you just have some inference about what's going on!

enjoy the chapter!

y/n pov

What just happened???

First thing I knew I was getting a drink from the campus coffee shop, and then I was leaving my number with a beautiful stranger.

This was never my intention I never did this, what was I thinking? I know exactly what I was thinking....

Emily is a gorgeous woman, probably a bit older than me from the way silver dared to peak through. I'd assume she dyed it considering the way she would so naturally and beautifully embrace grey hair. The way she looked at me when she thought I wasn't looking set me on fire; I could've sworn she would've noticed the heat rising to my cheeks, but she was most likely in a similar position after realising I had caught her checking me out.

Her dark eyes were not that of lust as such, but more so of desire and admiration. I felt so seen under her eyes, and as I got lost in them it was if the whole world drifted away. I silently cursed the guy who called our order for interrupting the moment.

Noticing her nerves at our proximity whilst waiting for our drinks was adorable, her apprehension surely fueled the ability to take charge of the situation. Before I realised, I had taken her hand in mine. I liked the nervousness but I didn't want her to get hurt because of it.

She was obviously in some sort of trance because she didn't notice me write my name and number on her to-go cup as I picked it up, I just hope she noticed after I left.

My exit was so confident I may have shocked myself, but to feel her eyes on me even has I walked away fueled my spirit, adding a slight sway to my hips. I would do almost anything to get her to even entertain the idea of going out with me.

Going over the events of the last 10 minutes, I didn't even notice getting to the half-filled hall; this interaction took a longer amount of time than expected. I took a seat at the front of the class, unpacking my books, to notice the watchful eyes of my professor.

As I met Tara's eyes, there was somehow a glint of knowing in them. Narrowing my eyes and tilting my head in questioning she just gave me a tight-lipped smile and looked away. She seemed like she was plotting something, I know profilers can figure out almost anything but surely she didn't know about this.

The room filled up with students, and Tara took that as signal to begin the class. The first half an hour was relaxed, I wasn't called upon at any time so I silently took my notes, systematically highlighting as the class progressed.

As we were nearing the end of the year, we were recapping our prior knowledge, and were currently on the subject of criminological theories, and what makes someone criminal, individualistic theories specifically.

'Y/n.' My head looked up to Tara leaning against the desk at the front of the room looking over at me. 'Which individualistic theories are learning theories?' Come on Tara, give a girl a challenge!

'Skinner's Operant Conditioning, Bandura's Social Learning Theory, and Sutherland's Differential Association Theory,' I voiced, clearly and unwavering.

'And if say, 25-year-old John Doe, whose mother died when he was 4 yrs old, and father who is a thief. John's father would make him participate in thieving schemes, and based on how it would go, he would reward or punish John. When John was 15, his father went to prison, and he was placed into the care system in which he fell in with a group of petty criminals. Now, John has fallen in with a group of armed bank robbers, what learning theories would you say apply?' It's like she wants me to show off my skills damn...