Chapter 7

a/n

oh my god why did this take so long.

anyway this is the first one with a bit of case info.

i wont go too in depth on cases unless they're very relevant to the plot.
that being said,

cw: normal case info touched upon

y/n pov

OH MY GOD??

What was that entire night?? It was absolutely maddening; but absolutely incredible.

I don’t know what led to mine and Emily’s activities, but I couldn’t say it wasn’t entirely unexpected, and I definitely couldn’t say I was upset it did happen. If anything, it affirmed every good feeling I had over the past two weeks.

Everything was complicated, and even slightly reckless; but when we let go, when we get swept away, everything is so perfect, so easy.

Last time we were together I allowed my thoughts to spiral out of control; becoming attached to new people had been hard since the last time I had let someone in, but could it also be wrong to let someone that everything felt so easy with go purely because of my own fear.

I was left so completely and utterly elated from the night as I walked back into my apartment that when I saw Lola, I simply scooped Lola up from the sofa where she lay, and spun her around.

‘Alexa, play Enchanted by Taylor Swift!’

I twirled Lola and I around, softly humming the words into my cat's fur as she purred at my scattered kisses to her face.

As the song reached the bridge, I placed Lola on the kitchen island, reaching a near scream, ‘THIS IS ME PRAYING THAT,’ Lola looked at me as I sang the words to her, sitting to watch my performance.

‘THIS WAS THE VERY FIRST PAGE, NOT WHERE THE STORYLINE ENDS. MY THOUGHTS WILL ECHO YOUR NAME UNTIL I SEE YOU AGAIN. THESE ARE THE WORDS I HELD BACK AS I WAS LEAVING TOO SOON; I WAS ENCHANTED TO MEET YOUUUUU’

I collapsed on a stool at the island letting out a laugh of excitement and surprise. It had been so long since I had been so enamoured with someone else and honestly, I was so relieved.

Acknowledging it was late, I got ready for bed, taking some pain killers to get ahead of a possible hangover; I didn’t have much but I wouldn’t chance it.

I settled in bed and replayed the past few hours for a bit, but shifting my focus to the next day, and how I should act considering she couldn’t just be ‘Em’ to me now. Now she was Unit Chief Prentiss of the BAU, where I would then hopefully work; where she would then officially be my boss.

Going back and forth between allowing myself to continue being the way I was earlier with her, and a completely professional version of myself weighed heavily on my mind.

I settled on a midway; I’d act professionally, especially around other people and in the workday, but when it was just us, I didn’t want to completely deny the complete pull I had to the older woman.

I wouldn’t necessarily open the door to the possibility of us, more like a window. What happens, happens.

___________________________________________

I made my way to Quantico the next day, very nervous but definitely excited. It was still a job interview.

I couldn’t help but imagine as I was parking my car what it would be like to be here every day; god I hope I get this job.

I parked up in an empty space and made my way into the building and up in the lift, looking in the mirror at my outfit. I wore a white spotted blouse with a low but still modest neckline and some low rise black with red pinstripe trousers along with my platform boots. If Emily says something.