Chapter 8

Dhruv's POV

I was checking information about Sachi's husband, and what surprised me was the fact that I knew him. Though not personally, we are about to work on a project together, so I have an idea about his personality. He is decent and upright, and I think he is a good match for Sachi. I continued to read about him and learned that he is engaged. Ok, I take back my words. I don't know what to think about this matter. I feel my hair will turn gray sooner because of my siblings. I asked my secretary to inform Aarav that he is needed here to sign the contract. Let's meet my brother-in-law and deal with this matter.

Next day

Dadu and I were discussing about the project that he wants me to start. It's not like I don't want him to complete his dream project, but when I asked him a few years ago whether we should start the airport project, he denied saying that he was too old and that if I fulfilled his dream, when would I fulfill mine.

"Dadu, Why did you suddenly decide to start this project?"

"The land was always the issue in this project, but now the issue is solved. You have to work together in partnership with the person to whom the land belongs." I raised my eyebrow. What is exactly going on?

"Who is the other person?" I said in a foul tone.

"Aakriti"

"Huh." I said. I can see what you are planning dadu, but who am I to complain? This is getting interesting. I don't even need to make any plans. Everyone is making plans on my behalf trying to get us close.

"I can see your sly smile. I don't know what you are thinking, but let me warn you. Don't even try to mess up this project." Dadu said. Why will I ruin my chances to get her when I want her in my life. I nodded my head and left.

I entered my cabin, and I saw Kabir to be present there. This guy makes me worried.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in an annoyed tone.

"Dadu told me that Bhabhi is going to be here." Kabir said.

"Do you wish to die early?" I said sternly.

"Bhai, you can't kill me. Don't forget I am your lovely brother." Kabir said in an extra sweet tone.

"Lovely." I said sarcastically.

"I don't need to kill you. Aakriti will kill you if she hears you calling her bhabhi. She won't tolerate all your nonsense. Get lost." I said and Kabir showed me his tongue and rushed out. When is this child going to grow up.

A few hours later.

I discussed the project with Aakriti, and never in my life had I dealt with such a person who is like a rock. Talking with her made me question my abilities. Luckily, we agreed on the same terms. She was ready to leave when Kabir dashed in uninvited. He was having this goofy smile and looking at her.

"Hello, I am Kabir." He said and introduced himself shamelessly.

"Hi, Aakriti." She said.

"You look handsome." She said shocking us.

"Really" Kabir asked with a bright smile.

"Yes. After knowing about you, I thought you would have an innocent and cute face like Abheer. Nobody can say no to him and even forgive him easily. But I guess I was wrong. You look more like handsome and cunning." She said. From which angle does this donkey look handsome?

"You are flattering me." He said.

"I wanted to meet you, and just as I thought, you are exactly as I imagined. Cute, funny, and mischievous." She said with a bright smile. Look at her smile, and when she is with me, she always frowns as if I will poison her.