Chapter 23: The Monster in The Woods pt. 1

So, it's been about a month now since Lucia and I came here to the human realm, and it's better than I could have ever imagined, Mom.
Well, it has been for me, Lucia's still her same mopy self, but since it's nearing closer to my birthday I just can't wait.
I know Lucia, you, and Eda must have planned something in the human realm and I'm excited about it even if it's boring.

But anyway, to the main point. For the past month, Eda has us attending school here and I must say I really like it better than Hexside. I actually have friends, there is Willow, Gus, and Amity. They're my best friends though they don't really get along, they're still working on it. But there are also Amity's siblings, Viney, Jerbo, and a couple of others. Lucia on the other hand... I can't say for certain, she's been hanging around Willow's sister Wionna a lot more. I think they are friends, but Lucia also made an enemy or maybe a rivalry with Amity's sister Amelia.
Oh! We also work at Eda's cafe!
She sometimes pays us but that's fine.
It's really fun to talk to other humans though, but can't say the same with Lucia, of course.

She'd rather stay in her room locking herself from everyone. Plus I don't think she's getting enough sleep since she has noticeable eye bags forming. So when you get the chance could you please tell her to sleep? If I could I would use sleeping nettles but I'm not really in charge, aren't I? Anyways I have to go, I'm going to go to Amity's today to hang out with her and the twins. por favor, descanse un poco y tenga un buen día. te amo mami, adios
(please get some rest and have a nice day. I love you mami bye)

- End of Recording

Lucia POV
"You said where?" I asked after I finished the elixir in my right hand while I held my phone with the other.

"At the edge of town, in a forest surrounding a lake, there's a warehouse nearby a mile from there. That's where the sighting last was. About North East," I began to circle a large area of the map up in front of me as I was currently on a call with the Bat Queen.

"Are you sure it's Grom and not that griffin I lost or some other demon creature?" I asked as Yi Yi laughed. Nothing was funny at the moment.

"Yes I'm sure, now I gotta go, take care."

I began to put my beanie on and jacket before leaving my room with my bags as I followed King out to the kitchen. I actually made it in time to make myself a bowl of Honeycombs cereal King likes.

"You're up early, something happen?" Eda asked as she came back from the random nearby hallway that none of us, besides Eda and Hooty sometimes King, ever went to since there was an office space for Eda and a random room Hooty liked to call his man cave, just a room he plays video games in.

"What? no, I just happened to get up early for once," which is true except I've been up since six trying to find Blue, causing a short moment of panic, before getting a call from Yi Yi soon after finding Blue who slept under my blankets.

"Mhm, well the cafe is closing earlier than usual this afternoon. I'll be out picking up Raine from the airport in Rhode Island, so I won't be back till maybe tomorrow evening." Eda walked to the counter starting a pot of coffee before turning back to me while leaning on the counter. King was already in the living room eating his bowl of cereal while watching the morning cartoons that aired.

"Why so long?"

"Rhode Island is a DRIVE from here, Raine had to book a last-minute flight back home after their last performance of the season got canceled. All flights were taking them everywhere else but here so they had to pick the one closest, that being Rhode Island," the coffee machine soon started to pour into the pot of coffee as Eda gazed at the dark liquid as it began to fill.
"It's about a day's drive from here to the airport, so that means Hooty's in charge, when he's not here you're in charge. I'll leave you two some money to buy dinner, it's Friday so it's take-out or delivery night," Eda turned to the finished pot pulling it out while taking a cup from the cabinet above before sitting down next to me.
"You know our currency right?" Eda asked as she poured herself a cup. 
I nodded as she took a sip before Luz came down the stairs yawning loudly before rubbing her eyes. She had on one of my black graphic tees with boy cargo shorts as well as the white shoes she bought at the flea market. her backpack hung on one shoulder with her hair was messy and very untamed showing how curly her hair was despite how short cut it was.