Chapter Ten~

Deidara carefully carried May into the small yellow house, nodding gratefully to Pein as he holds the screen door open. Itachi sits on the couch, a tired looking Cloud snuggled to his person, and looks up as the blonde enters. May stirs in his arms, eyes fluttering open.

"Monkeys?"

"Nope," Deidara cracks a thin smile, easing her down onto the couch beside Cloud and Itachi, "No monkeys. Just Itachi and Cloud, hmm."

"Hmm," May leans slightly on her sister, who coils an arm around her shoulder, "Your boobs are comfy."

"I know." Cloud yawns, clutching her stuffed weasel to her chest. "They're magical, remember?"

"All hail the magical boobs." May pumps a fist up into the air lazily and then slumps further against her sister, eyes fluttering shut. "I'm so tired."

"I heard something about fucking magical boobs." Hidan enters the room at the speed of light, eyes darting around curiously.

Itachi glares at him when his pink orbs dip a little too far low from Cloud and May's faces.

"Cloud has magical boobs." May chirps brightly, in a matter-of-fact tone, "They have the power to become really comfy pillows and can put anyone to sleep."

"Really?" Hidan stares intently.

Sasori throws a pen at the silverette's head, mahogany eyes blazing. "That's enough!"

Kisame stretches out on the couch beside him, chuckling lowly at Hidan's misfortune. Kakuzu sits beside him, brow raised. Konan and Pein stand in front of the television, watching their members/children converse, while waiting for Tobi to make his presense.

"Cloud-chan has magical boobs?" Tobi appears before the bluette, finger outstretched to poke one.

Before Itachi can bite it off, Cloud swats his hand away, "Enough about my boobs. I'm tired and I want to sulk some more." She narrows her eyes towards Pein, "What do you want?"

Pein stares at her for a few moments, face impassive. Then he dips his head. "We are sorry for your loss."

Cloud and May both seem to deflate like popped balloons. Cloud's grip on her stuffed weasel tightens slightly and she angles her face away, cheek resting against Itachi's chest. May fights back against a sudden onslaught of tears, hands curled into tight fists.

"We believe they were murdered." Pein continues softly, lips twitching towards a frown.

"We know." The girls speak in unison.

Even Tobi is slightly freaked out by it.

"We're not stupid." May grinds out, eyes blank, hollow. Cloud continues for her, "Mom was the biggest paranoid freak out there. We know the wires had to have been tampered with."

Sasori ducks his head, jaw clenched shut. "They were cut."

Cloud nods. May's knuckles turn a ghastly bone white.

Pein closes his eyes for a moment and then looks up, "We believe the killers are a part of one of our rivals and would like to offer you protection."

May's eyes narrow slightly, teeth gritting. "What's the catch?"

Konan takes a small step forward, amber eyes gentle, "You must join as members." 

"We'll do it." 

May jumps slightly, wide eyes snapping back to stare at her sister. Cloud reguards Pein with a cold, yet completely blank and hollow look. She ignores her sister, as said girl opens her mouth to protest.