Chapter three~

The gym is a large building with a slanted roof and several lights overhead. Bleachers are situated on either side of the building and the wooden floors are gleaming spotlessly as the Jefferson sisters walk in.

"Whoa. I bet they have their janitors work overtime here" May whistles as she nudges Cloud, who snickers.

The duo are already wearing their P.E. uniform, which consists of a white T-shirt with a red line running through it and short shorts that looked rather like undergarments.

Behind them, the Akatsuki strut in, dressed in identical T-shirts and shorts-though theirs are longer than the girls'. Cloud smirks as the Weasel skillfully dribbles a basketball and it lands neatly. Bastard that he is, but she couldn't deny that he was fine.

Looking cool and relaxed, he catches the ball before it lands and without warning, shoots it at Cloud, who squeals and thwacks it away with her arm, glaring at the offending ball as it falls.

"What the hell? That could have hit me you idiot" she spits at Itachi, who smirks that condescending smirk of his, that usually suggests that he thought she was an idiot.

"It wouldn't have if you actually caught it" he shoots back smoothly as he grabs the ball and shoots yet another successive shot.

Cloud fumes. Show off. She could do better.

"Gimme that" she says and proceeds to grab the ball from the Weasel as he watches with an expression that manages to look curious and challenging at the same time.

May and the Akatsuki watch with expectant looks on their faces as Cloud dribbles for a while and then shoots gracefully.

"And she scores!" she says triumphantly, raising a brow at Itachi.

"Hn" he says and walks back to the bleachers while Cloud frowns. Again with that stupid grunt-snort-sigh thing. What did that even mean? But who cares? She showed him!

"Yo, blueberry!" Deidara calls as she reaches their spot on the bleachers. "Nice shot, yeah!"

Cloud grins widely, flipping her blue locks away from her face.

"Thanks, blondie."

May snickers. "As expected of our future overlord" she says.

Deidara's cerulean eyes shoot toward her.

"And what about you, kiwi-chan? Got any moves, yeah?" he asks challengingly.

May scowls and opts for remaining silent. She had horrible aim and she was sure that if she ever revealed the fact, she wouldn't ever hear the end of it from blonde prick.

Deidara grins victoriously. This was one argument he'd one. Deidara, one. May, zero. He was about to say something degrading when a nudge on his side alerts him to Cloud smirking at him slightly.

"What, blueberry, yeah?" he asks irritably. Did she have to go and ruin his little moment of gloating?

"I'd watch out of I were you. She can be meaner than me sometimes" she warns.

Deidara snorts. "I doubt that, yeah."

To May, who is still frowning in displeasure, he says "Say, kiwi. Up for a race?". He raises himself up from his sitting position and stretches, smirking at May. This would be easy, a surefire way to humiliate her by being better at something than her.

The dark haired teen brightens up at this prospect.

"Sure prick, you're on!" she cheers, her mood changing completely as she jumps up from her seat.