Chapter Six~

"Where do you think we should sit?" Cloud asks as she and May step into the Cafeteria. "I mean, they couldn't have been serious about not hanging with them right?"

May looks briefly in the direction of a very familiar set of males. Cloud follows her example and her eyes narrow.

Itachi is bent over a book. If he feels them looking at him, he does a very good job at pretending he doesn't. Deidara has his earbuds popped in his ears, his sapphire eyes pointedly looking anywhere but at the sisters. Hidan looks up over his coke, meets their eyes, and as if suddenly remembering something important, turns to rummage in his backpack.

"Bastards." Cloud growls under her breath. The sisters turn to their last hope, in the form of an agitated looking ginger.

Sasori meets their eyes, obviously discomfited, and shoots them an apologetic look but does nothing otherwise.

May huffs. "I cannot believe those assholes! Even Sasori!."

"We better start believing it." Cloud says and shoots the Akatsuki table a dark glare. So they had been serious about it. What a bunch of selfish assholes!

May tugs at Cloud's arm.

"Come on, let's just go sit at Sakura's table."

Cloud and May grab their lunch and sit at Sakura, Ino, Hinata and Tenten's table. Naruto waves obliviously to them while Sasuke raises an eyebrow, wondering why they decided to sit with them.

Sakura and the rest sport surprised looks on their faces as the Jefferson sisters slide in to their table.

The sisters greet them half-heartedly and proceed to eat their breakfast, while the rest of the girls share a knowing look. They stare pointedly at the sisters.

"What?" May asks, her tone snappish. Cloud stabs at her waffles a little too hard.

"Okay, spill." Ino shoots them a stern look. "Why are you here instead of at the Akatsuki table?"

Cloud swallows back her anger and adopts an innocent look.

"Why? Can't we sit here with our favorite girls?" She asks and this time, it's Sakura who gives her a look.

"Come on. You guys were all buddy-buddy yesterday. What's the deal now?" Tenten chimes in.

Cloud's innocent look wavers and she scowls darkly.

"Just drop it okay?" May says, fearing that she or her sister would explode if provoked further.

Ino pouts indignantly and Sakura gives Cloud a look, which basically sums up to 'You're spilling everything to me later, understand?'

Cloud mutters under her breath and continues mutilating her waffles with her fork

The bell rings, signaling the start of the first class of the day. The group sighs and shoulder their bags. When Sakura moves in to join the sisters, Hinata gives her an inquisitive look but says nothing about it, instead opting to join Ino and Tenten on their way to class.

Sakura, Cloud and May walk to the arts class in silence and the pinkette waits till they are at the entrance to pounce.

"Alright." She says sternly. "Shoot."

Cloud and May stare at her blankly.

The pinkette taps her foot on the floor impatiently. "You've been upset all day and you're going to tell me why. NOW."

The sisters are saved from answering (or are they?) when Sasori and Deidara arrive, both looking sullen.

Sakura's attention drifts to her cousin and she raises her eyebrow when neither Cloud nor May greets the ginger and vice versa. Deidara just stands there looking uncomfortable, hands fiddling with a piece of clay.