227 | Five

"V-VI?" CINDY CALLED OUT  as a tall man stood in front of a large framed picture of Matthew Grey Cullen, an outstanding heir who died at the age of 16 because of a car accident.

     Cindy, Gavriil, and Max walked to where Viktor was standing. Viktor was holding onto a bouquet of sunflowers, and his eyes were closed, almost like he was praying. The other three kept quiet until he was done, and when he did, Viktor gently placed the flowers on the grave before finally turning around to face them.

     Everyone thought that Viktor would say something, but he completely ignored his old friends and walked past them instead. Cindy and Gavriil let him go. They didn't need any kind of drama with him, especially not right now. But Max wasn't like them. He didn't want to just let Viktor walk away. So without even thinking about it, he grabs him by the arm to stop him.

     Cindy practically gasped, while Gavriil instantly widened his eyes in shock, surprised to see that Max would dare do such a thing.

      As expected, Viktor reacted. He glares at Max and aggressively pulls his hand away from Max's hold. "How dare you touch me, white uniform?" Viktor spat with so much venom that it made Max back away a little.

     "Viktor, you are not in the House of Kings. Your title there is useless here," Gavriil then warns, instantly making Viktor turn to the vice president with an equally menacing expression.

     Cindy and Max thought that Viktor was going to say something out of the line to Gavriil, but instead, Viktor rolled his eyes and said, "Fine." He then turns back at Max and continues, "To the ignorant little heir who only became number one because people thought I died, please don't touch me ever...again."

     Max swallows the lump in his throat while Gavriil immediately pushes Viktor in annoyance.

     "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Gavriil asks, grabbing Viktor by the collar as the two of them stare into each other's eyes. "Can you be a decent human for once?"

      "Gav, that's enough. It's not worth it. Remember where we are," Cindy then says, instantly making Viktor laugh.

     "Wow, Cindy, that's so bold of you. From someone who has never even visited this place, you're the last person I thought who'd say such a thing."

     "You're a fucking asshole. We don't grieve like you, Viktor."

     "Well, of course. I'm the only one here whose entire family died. That's why I don't expect you all to understand," Viktor fires back, and Gavriil finally lets him go, afraid that if he doesn't, he might end up punching him.

     "That's what I thought," Viktor then says as he pushes Gavriil before fixing his collar. He didn't even glance at Max as he started walking out of the mausoleum. But as Viktor got ready to leave, Max clenched his fist and said, "You're being unfair."

     Viktor stops in an instant, and when he does, he turns to Max and looks at him with irritation. "What did you just say?" He asks him.

     "You're being a fucking bastard. Is that clearer now?" Max clarifies.

     "Someone who can't even remember half of his life shouldn't be saying that to me," Viktor fires back. Gavriil was once again about to barge at Viktor to defend his lover, but Cindy stopped him. She let the two of them talk, especially since they both had the most history with each other among the group, a history that Max couldn't seem to remember.

     "You're not the only one who lost someone here, Stepanov. You're not the only one who gave a piece of themselves away to be where they are now, so stop acting like you're being persecuted," Max fires back, instantly making Viktor smirk.