Sami Habid, Prince of the Oasis

Modern Day Oasis, Arabian Desert.

     Sami slowly walks through the upper town of the city. He marvels at the architecture and culture all woven together to create, peace. He struts up to the entrance of the head and makes his way to a room on the upper royalty floors.

     "Abu? The Hewa are leaving for their annual arial voyage. Are you going to join me and Ami?" Sami asks his father, King of the Oasis, head of the Royal Family.

     "I know your mother sent you up here to cheer me up but today is a day I need to spend alone. Be careful out there today, I don't want you to meet the same fate as my Abu" Sami's father responds in a fake cheery mood.

"But-"

"No but" the king interjects.

     Sami walks away drowsily, he thinks about Raed and his mysterious death. These thoughts only met one conclusion every time. Raed's murder was not a debate, the killers were obvious. Due to reasons unknown to Sami they can't be held accountable. Sami finally reaches the celebration, once a year the Hewa an elite group of arial artificially winged people set off to surveil. other countries from the air and come back with data. The watchers handle most of the intel now so this is ceremonial.

"Ami! Over here!" Sami runs over to the Queen sitting on her ceremonial chair with Sami's other two siblings Omar and Nasir (both younger). "You were right. Dad won't come down, he's too obsessed with mourning Raed, I don't understand why, he's missing out on the fun. It was like 40 years ago!"

"He's just upset, you would be too Sami if you had to go through that" Nasir jumps in.

"Give it time, some scars don't heal. But missing this isn't huge, he's here at the times that matter. Isn't that all we need?" Heba, Queen of the Oasis, Wife of Malik and mother of Sami, responds.

"Yeah you're right, I guess I'm just being selfish. I don't understand why the Arjuani haven't been punished for what they did to Raed."

"There's not much we can do. They hold close ties to our family. They've used our rules against us so many times they practically control the Oasis." Heba responds.

"But this is our home, it would be wrong not to fight for it, no matter what it takes." Sami quips.

"You're correct, but this is their home too. Have you ever thought about why they would do such a thing?...... For many years now, the safety of the Oasis has been a cause of dispute amongst the people. Our family has chose not to oppose our possible enemies until absolutely necessary. This puts us in difficult situations. The Arjuani have been the main supporters of attacking our rivals for centuries now and your father just worries they may feel the need to attack again"

     "I guess I understand" Sami responds. He joins his family and enjoys the parade.