The Arjuani

The Oasis, Arabian Desert- The day of Raed's death

     "You've failed the Oasis, you've failed your people, the world is sparking a fire and it needs to be stopped before the flames of war reach us!" States Lord Hamu, Leader of the Arjuani family.

     "I understand your worries, but provoking war right now would be completely unnecessary. They don't stand a chance against us at this point, it wouldn't even be a fair fight. We don't kill for no reason." Raed says looking to the rest of the council.

     "Peace takes sacrifice, are you really willing to surrender our peace later, to avoid a battle now?Your choices have consequences, big ones." Hamu continues.

     "My decision has been made, and my decision is final." Raed stands up to signal the meeting is over. The families spill out. Hamu takes his wife's hands and exits the meeting. They enter their Skink (an advanced vehicle that can traverse through sand using vibrations) once they reach their sector Hamu signals to multiple masked figures.

The figures dart off, Hamu is expecting the arrival of the King. He uses this knowledge to his advantage. After hours of waiting, the masked figures see Raed approaching. They stealthily move around him and before he can even lay eyes on Lord Hamu he is stabbed.

The masked figures carry his body to another area to mask the murder slightly. Hamu knows this won't be enough to get him what he wants, but he has faith in the gods. He's legally impenetrable thanks to the deals made over the centuries by his ancestors and Raed's. Hamu does not enjoy his job but he sees the same world Raed does, a beautiful paradise, perfect balance. Where Hamu and Raed differ lies in their moral code. For the first time in ages, the Oasis is beginning to divide.

Just Outside the Oasis- Modern Day.

"You can set up over there, miss.... What's your name again?" The Blue Halo Commander asks.

"Doctor, Doctor Diya Sharma. But you can call me DeDe" The Optic explains.

"Our other scientists say they detected some sort of electromagnetic field they couldn't understand. That's why we called you in. If we can find this "veil" I have a feeling that'll lead us right to...... I don't think I need to explain, don't wanna jinx it...."