Love is Soup- Reader/HorrorTale Sans

When you first met him, it was cloudy. A month and a half following the wake of Mt. Ebott cracking in half and the monster-induced panic frenzy that the government fell into, you met Sans.

Well, no.

He had stared at you from across the coffee shop, ignoring the incredibly on edge humans, until you noticed. Normally, you have better sense than to approach a clearly dangerous individual, but he was so sad and wary and there was something in you that just urged you to go. Plus, the people visibly avoiding the skeleton- it was probably the ragged hole in his head or his giant hulking frame, if you're being honest- that just rubs at you wrong.

So, you went, armed with a panini and a mug of coffee decorated with latte art. His eye widens in surprise, and it's kind of cute.

In a sort of unsettling way.

"Hi!" You introduce yourself and wait patiently as he visibly struggles to say something back.

"...sans. the... skeleton."

"So, uh, why were you staring at me from across the room?"  You can feel the people around you cringe at your lack of tact... and self-preservation.

He looks panicked.

"........"

Never has silence sounded more panicked.

You wait patiently, panini in hand. Actually, your hands are getting cramped from holding onto all of these things.

"... you're gorgeous." He blurts out, a giant clawed hand- woah, bones!- pulls at his eye socket. "sorry." He mumbles out.

"Oh!" You feel flattered. Normally, if anyone else had stared at you like he did, you'd get ready to throw down or dip out. Instead, because apparently your type is sad people-eaters (Hannibal, is that you?), you plop your stuff on the table and sit down.

His skull flushes red. It's adorable.

"Have you had their soup? It's pretty good for a coffee shop." You ask him.

"........ no...?"

"Hm. Stay here then."

Sans panicked as you stand up, but you tell him you'll be right back. You ask him to watch the panini for you.

You go buy him a bowl of soup- why on earth were you doing this for a total stranger?- and come back to find him glaring intensely at anyone who even looks at your panini wrong. You laugh.

"Here, I got you some soup."

You learn later on, after the hard talks and the unpacking that the upside down hearts his red eye light and flickering white eye light turned into meant that he had fallen.

"you gave me the soup... and i fell... in love hard."