Missed Flight

You rush through the airport, hair ruffling from how fast you're dashing down the crowded hallway. Your shoes slap against the polished concrete as you skid to a stop at the help desk.

Despair and frustration rose to a swell in your throat, your eyes narrowing it accusingly at the display.

'Boarding Gate has now closed.'

"God damn it!"

You twist your hand and with a flick, your suitcase rolls with you as you whirl around to go to the service desk.

This isn't your first time missing a flight, but after forty minutes waiting in line, you're completely annoyed with life.

"Woah!"

You trip over yourself, bracing for impact with the cold hard ground, but a long bony arm catches you.

"ARE YOU ALRIGHT, HUMAN?"

"Ah, yes?"

The arm helps you straighten yourself and you turn to thank your savior.

"Thank- oh!"

The skeleton monster- who brings a slightly different meaning to "bony arms"- shifts backwards, grin strained.

"AH, I KNOW YOU ARE LOOKING UPON MY MAGNIFICENCE! BUT I AM GLAD YOU DID NOT FALL! AND GET HURT!"

You notice the stares but... Ebott City has weirder things than monsters. Like... naked drug addicts. Who insists on selling you flowers.

"Yes, thank you so much, for saving me. You must be the Monster Mascot, Papyrus?"

The skeleton brightens. You find that this is a much better look on him.

"YES! I SEE MY FAME HAS EXCEEDED MYSELF! I AM THE GREAT PAPYRUS!"

You tell him your name. In that moment, a shorter skeleton wanders next to Papyrus.

"THIS IS MY BROTHER, SANS!"

He gives you a half wave, you nod back.

"ah, we missed our flight."

"NYOH HOH HOH! HOW WILL WE GET TO HOLLYWOOD NOW???"

"Oh, you guys are going to Hollywood, too? LAX?"

The shorter skeleton turns towards you, guarded smile in place.

"yeah, you too?"

"Yeah! I think we missed the same flight." You jerk a thumb at the gate behind you. "Come on, I know where the help desk is. We can probably catch a later flight."

"GASP!" He literally says the word gasp. "PERHAPS OUR TRIP HAS NOT BEEN COMPLETELY RUINED AFTER ALL!"

You laugh. You help them with the flight desk, smiling dangerously at the frowning staff person in front of you. You get all three seats squared away, and in the end, you walk into Hollywood with two new friends.