Club Fair

"Fufufu~ It's been a long time, Ayanokouji Asuka-san."

"I'm sorry. Do I know you?" I asked, while taking her hand for a handshake,

"Of course, you don't know me. It's just me who knows you after all."

Ok, is this a new way girls greet to each other which I don't know?

"Masumi-san, you're free to go. I'll walk with Ayanokouji-san." Kamuro looked happy, she gave me one last glance before leaving,

Now, me and this little girl, whose name I still don't know, started walking to school,

"You didn't give your name."

"Fufufu, my name is Sakayanagi Arisu. It's been eight years, Ayanokouji-san."

I stopped in my tracks when heard that name, I remembered few words from Matsuo-san from the bus stop.

'Chairman Sakayanagi will keep you informed about his whereabouts.'

"I'm assuming you are Chairman's daughter...?"

"Yes, I am..." hmm, Chairman's daughter huh. There is a chance that she might know about that place, that won't be much of a problem because everything about that place will come into light in few months. Although, I doubt that students here would know about that news, since outside contact is forbidden.

"I've had the privilege of seeing you siblings when you are in the white room." I knew it, she even visited that place.

"You even visited it huh, what do you think of it?"

"An experiment to artificially create geniuses" Sakayanagi chuckled, "I think it's impossible, Ayanokouji-san."

"Ho~ Why do you think that?"

"A person's potential is determined the moment they are born. That's how the human world works. We can't do anything more than what is coded into our DNA. We awaken to things either through the blood of our ancestors, passed onto us, or through a mutation."

We made our way out of the dormitories. I saw some people look at us, but I gave Sakayanagi my complete attention.

"What I'm trying to say is, if you wish to create a genius, you have no other choice to manipulate your DNA and that's not an easy thing to do. Unless, you are an expectational learner, you can't just create a genius." Sakayanagi finished her explanation in calm manner but there was hint of fury in her voice.

"We can't do anything more than what is coded in DNA huh," I muttered, "Say Sakayanagi, do you know anything about Ayanokouji Atsuomi?"

Sakayanagi looked like she understood where I was going with this, "Yes, I remember my father mentioning about how both your parents are not talented individuals."

"So, the existence of mine and Kiyotaka completely contradicts your ideology, doesn't it."

"I won't deny that, Ayanokouji-san. That is why, as a person who is blessed with superior DNA, I swore myself not to be defeated by anyone who is raised in that facility." Sakayanagi said without losing her confident smile,

"Not to be defeated huh," I asked in a questioning manner.

"Yes..." Sakayanagi said, still without losing her confident smile

"In that case, let's race to the campus, shall we?" I asked, in that moment I saw her confident aura fade away as if it never existed, it was replaced with pure rage and anger that looked like she wanted to kill me any moment now.