Chapter 7

Jared and Isaac were finally talking to Jack and I.

 "Hi," Jared said, a little sheepishly. Isaac just stood beside him, scowling. Nothing different there then.

They were both sporting the same black jeans, Jared had a black and red sweatshirt on, his hair was combed back and his brown eyes stared intensely at me. For some reason I felt guilty, but why? It wasn't like I'd slapped him and walked away, swaying my hips. I'd just cancelled on our date-that-wasn't-even-a-date.

Isaac's silver orbs were trained on the floor, his black converse were scuffed at the heel and toe, his black hair hung limp over his forehead. The collar of his white shirt was pulled up, probably to protect the back of his neck. Wouldn't want him to get sun burnt and shrivel up and die, would we?

"Hi," I replied back. I was wearing purple jeans and knee high boots, concealing my two silver knives. I'd found a Linkin Park hoodie in the back of my mahogany wardrobe and even though I didn't like the band I'd worn the jumper to keep me warm.

Jared flickered his eyes towards Jack, who, much to my disapproval wore a t-shirt to show off his muscled arms and jean shorts to show off his toned legs. Honestly, he looked like Jacob Black from Twilight. And, yes, he may be a werewolf but that doesn't mean he has to dress like him! What about being inconspicuous? Stupid, arrogant, little shit.

Jack cleared his throat and nodded his head; a manly greeting. Typical. An awkward silence settled over us. We were standing in front of the school building, groups of cheerful students were throwing their heads back in laughter. And here we were; acting like depressed shits.

Fortunately, Anna's small figure came bounding up to us. Her blond hair cascaded down past her shoulders, it bounced with each step she took. She looked breathless. After the 'attack' we'd both agreed to just forget anything had ever happened. Her brown eyes flicked between us.

"Am I interrupting something?" She asked, with a raised eyebrow.

"No!" I said much too quickly.

She nodded her head, not quite believing me. She wore a knee length blue skirt, with patterned tights. The black tank top she wore would be sure to attract any guy's attention. Well, not Jared's. Or Isaac's. Or even Jack's.

Isaac was still scowling at the ground, like it had just jumped up and attacked him. Jared was still staring at me and Jack was messing with a piece of lose fabric on his shorts. In fact, he looked embarrassed; a light blush painted his cheeks. I was so going to tease him about that.

"Well, I just wanted to let you know that Mr.Lymer, that horrible P.E teacher, told me that we've got a whole day of P.E to prepare for some stupid competition coming up." She made a face when she finished. She, like me, was not happy about this. Jack's head jerked up.

"Really?" He asked, with a grin that could blind you.

It obviously affected Anna, as she opened her mouth to speak, but snapped it shut with an audible snap and nodded her head. I groaned and stepped off the stone path, stepping carefully onto the wet grass.

"Where are you going?" Jared called after me. Eyes wide, body alert.

"Home," I replied. Eyes half closed, body slouched.

"What? Why? Are you ill?" Jack asked, eyes shining. Body rigid.

"No, you dipshit. She's going to skip. She hates P.E," Isaac said. Eyes normal. Body relaxed. He chuckled and I waved to them all.

"Have fun sweating your asses off, bitches!" I screamed at them. One of the many pros of living alone was being able to do what you wanted, when you wanted.

I was walking through the grassy field, the wild flowers were swaying in the breeze, like they were doing a special dance just for me. It was magical.

"Wait up!" I heard a husky voice shout from behind me. I turned around and squinted my eyes against the harsh sunlight, to say I was surprised to see Isaac jogging towards me would've been an understatement.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Coming with you," he replied back, like it was the most normal thing in the world.

I raised an eyebrow at him and put my hands on my hips.

"And the sunlight? If you stay outside all day when the weather's like this you're going to be weak."

"If I'm with you, then it's worth it."

I stared at him, dumbfounded. Okay, so first it was all  'she doesn't look like she'd good in bed' and now it was 'spending time with her is worth my health.'

Talk about bi polar.

"Um... look. Vampire, I don't really want to hang around with you. What if I start bleeding because I tripped up or something..." In reply, he chuckled.

"Then I'd get you a plaster," he said.

"Oh perfect! A Doctor Vampire! Fucking fantastic," I snapped. I was trying to have a good day and he'd already ruined it.

He held his hands in front oh his chest in mock surrender. "Okay, Okay. I'll go if you want..." He started to take slow steps backwards, keeping eye contact with me all the time. His body language was nonchalant, however, his eyes betrayed that emotion. They stared straight into mine and a little voice was shouting in my head to let him stay with me. Every time he took a step back, the voice got louder, eventually it reached a crescendo. I groaned and gave in.

"Fine! You can come! But I'm telling you now, if you start to pass out from the sunlight I'm not carrying you, I'll leave you wherever you are, got that?"

"Well, I'll just have to make sure I don't pass out then, won't I? So, where to first?" He asked.

I had planned to go back to the alleyway, just to look for more clues, or to see if I could speak to another vampire. But now Isaac was here, I suppose I could've used a body guard - not that I needed one.

I took a deep breath and faced him. I put on my bravest face and made sure I was presenting a calming façade.

"We're going to the place where we first met."

---

-

-

---

New chapter, hope you enjoyed.

Share.

Vote.

Comment.