Chapter 11

That night, I dreamed that I was stuck in chains. I lay in a coffin, the darkness engulfing me like a second skin. I couldn't breathe, and I couldn't talk. I was immobile. My body wasn't my own any more. I was playing host, it was horrible. I writhed, tried to kick into the darkness. But nothing worked. I couldn't escape my cage. Eventually, I gave up. I knew that nothing I did would help me, the golden chains got tighter with every struggle.

I woke up with a start. A pale sunlight was crawling through the windows, soon its rays would reach me. I could feel my hair sticking up, like a birds nest, dry drool was probably stuck to my cheek. I had a pounding headache. With heavy movements I lifted myself off of my bed, leaving the green quilt sprawled like a dead animal.

I opened the white bathroom door, allowing the smell of vanilla to enter my nostrils, I flicked the light switch which made the room glow with a golden light, almost like the sun was lighting the room. Ignoring the need for my usual shower, I grabbed my toothbrush and brushed my teeth, then I flattened down my hair, pulled on some appropriate clothes - Black jeans, my A day to remember shirt and some black converse.

***

I decided earlier to not bring any weapons with me, I just really wasn't in the mood to argue with some prissy vampires who wanted me for their king's pet or whatever. Today, I was going to relax. Maybe go to a cafe, shopping and who knows, maybe a movie? Of course, then I'd have to stop being so fussy, I was tired and emotionally drained. I was walking the streets of Morristine, quaint little stores were to the left of me, whilst the road was to the right of me, I was expecting a rush of traffic, but there wasn't.

The sun was high in the sky, I was safe from vampires. For now. The street stretched on for what seemed like miles. However, in reality, it was probably a mile long, if that. There weren't many people around, they were probably in school or work, heck, I bet some people were still in bed. The whistling of the wind led me to a small little coffee shop. Why not? I thought. I had a bit of spare change with me, and let's be honest, I could use a cup of coffee to wake me up. I was still in a daze, thinking over everything that had happened last night.

As I stepped into the shop, a little ding! was loud in my ears, announcing my entrance. Cakes and biscuits were lined in neat little patterns underneath the black, marble counter-top. There were a few wooden chairs and old, small tables to sit at. The whole thing looked like it had came straight out of a movie. Cosy, and cute. A small, grey haired woman was standing behind the counter, a till before her. The red walls brought out her twinkling green eyes, and the soft, blue carpet matched her apron. Her name was Mary, and she wore glasses. She looked friendly enough.

"Hello, dear," she said. Her voice was high pitched and crackly, like an old woman's voice should be. She smiled at me, her wrinkly skin lifting, her yellow teeth shining in the light.

I smiled back to her as my greeting. "Anything I can get you?" She asked.

I looked over the menu, mentally calculating how much money I had. I fancied a steamy mug of black coffee and a small piece of gooey chocolate cake. Why not?

"Just a small, black coffee and some chocolate cake, please?" I smiled at her again, trying to not be intimidating, after all I was dressed in all black, which made some people want to avoid me, thinking I carried some disease, I mean gosh, racist much?

"Of course, dear!" She said as she hobbled towards the silver coffee machine, pouring me my drink. Then she ambled over to the cake stand and bent down to retrieve a piece of chocolate cake, which she placed on a golden plate.

"That will be £3.30, please," she informed me, as she brought over my order. I handed her the money took my food, and drink, and went to sit on a chair, secluded in the corner. I needed to think.

I sipped my coffee, thinking. First: Isaac. Should I trust him? The Vampire Lord was his step father, did that make Isaac loyalty? What about his mum, was she dead? If not, then where was she? Did Isaac have a good bond with his step dad? If the dark, icy look he gave me when I asked who he was, was anything to go by, then I'd say not.

The old woman lowered herself into the chair opposite me, nearly making me spill my coffee. "I know that look, boy trouble?" Despite myself, I blushed.

"Sort of, it's complicated," I admitted. She nodded her head, like she understood.

"Well, whatever it is, don't let it get you down. Just ask the boy, if he doesn't tell the truth, or answer you, he's not worth it. Just muster up the courage to do whatever you have to." She placed one of her wrinkly hands over mine, like she was lending me some of her strength. I pondered Mary's words as she walked away. Why was I being such a wimp? I should just go and ask him.

So, as I sat in the quaint little coffee shop, drinking my coffee and digesting the delicious chocolate cake, I made a plan. I was going to confront Isaac. I was going to make a battle plan. Hell, I was even going to go and pay the Vampire Lord a little visit, even if Isaac was on his side. But most of all, I was going to avenge my mother's death.

I was going to kill John - The Vampire Lord.

And, I was going to do it with or without Isaac.

---

--

-

-

--

---

Another chapter done!

Stick with me, hopefully it should get better. Soon, Jade will find herself in the vampire world, getting ready to face John, but will she do it with Isaac? Or will he turn his back on her?

(*HINT: No matter what happens, they will fall in love. Well, hopefully. It depends on how mean I'm feeling.)

SHOUT OUT TO Foreverindependent FOR SUPPORTING THIS BOOK! THANK YOU!