CHAPTER THIRTY- SIX: DEATH SENTENCE

Shishma covered her face as she walked outside the palace, even though it was already dark. Everyone was inside the palace, mourning Fahd's death.

She snuck outside the palace, walked ten minutes away from the palace, and saw a man wearing a black hooded jacket. She walked towards him; when he saw her, he smiled and rushed to hug her, only to be pushed away.

"What is it that you want?" Shishma asked Sameer. She hated him being anywhere near the palace; otherwise, her secret would come out, and her husband, Amaan, was not a forgiving man.

"My love, it's me," Sameer told her, but Shishma was not interested in anything that he had to say; all she wanted was to get back into the palace.

"Look here, I gave you the money, and I want you to leave me alone and never come back." Shishma told him, but all she could see was Sameer's shocked expression, and truly, she was not surprised.

"How can you ask me about that? You and I have history together, and you cannot ask me to leave you alone." Sameer tried to make his claim, and this all sounded troublesome for Shishma.

"Look, if you want more money, I will give you more money. Just leave me alone; I am the future Queen of this kingdom, and you being here—" Shishma tried explaining, but Sameer interrupted her by laughing at her.

"Are you a queen? If you believe that you are the next queen, then you must be more delusional than I thought you were, Shishma, because if I am correct, your brother-in-law is king and not your husband." Sameer reminded her, and this added to Shishma's frustration.

"For your information, my husband is going to be king soon," Shishma told Sameer out of anger. The smile on his face disappeared, and this pleased Shishma.

"I know how cunning you are, Shishma, and I honestly hope that you are not thinking what I am thinking," Sameer asked her, and the smile on Shishma's face was evident that he was right.

"What do you think, Sameer?" Shishma asked him.

"Look here, Shishma; if you are planning to get rid of the King, then I suggest you try to change your mind because I will not allow you to do that!" Sameer informed Shishma, and this infuriated her even more. Her anger rose to a point where she could no longer control herself, and she was okay with it.

"How would you stop me? Would you go to the king and tell him? Because I know that he would not believe you, and besides, no one would allow you into the palace," Shishma reminded him.

"That is where you are wrong. Shishma, I will rather tell the king that the child you are carrying inside your womb is mine and not Prince Amaan's child." Upon hearing those words from Sameer's mouth, Shishma froze on the spot. She could not believe that Sameer had dared say those words aloud, and she quickly looked around to see if there was anyone around them, and luckily there was no one.

She then turned her attention to Sameer, and he could see the rage in her eyes, but he was not frightened by her behavior.

"Don't you dare ever say that I again, I thought the two of us agreed to keep this a secret"

"That was then; this is now. Look, I was stupid, and I have realized that I want you and our child," Sameer confessed, and this left Shishma dumb-struck.

"Sameer I am warning you: do not try anything that you will end up regretting. All my life I have wanted to be the Queen of Hamidin, and you are ruining things for me, and I will not allow you to do that, Sameer." She warned him, but Sameer was in no mood to listen to her at any cost.

"Then try me because I will expose you if you do not come back to me with my child," Sameer warned her, and he walked away from Shishma, leaving her speechless by what he had just said to her.