CHAPTER FORTY: ASIM

Listening to Aziz apologize was something that Lily had never thought that she would hear at this point in her life. As far as she was concerned, she never wanted to set her eyes on Aziz ever again.

The relationship between the two of them was what Lily considered ruined because of a mistake that he had made. Sentencing her to death was the most hurtful thing that Aziz could have done, and he did it without any concern for their son.

But he did not know that you were pregnant.Her mind taunted her, and this left Lily feeling guilty for not informing her husband earlier.

"My love, if I could turn back the hands of time then I would. You can beat me and punish me, but I cannot leave her without you or our child." King Aziz stood firm on his word; the past eight months without Lily had been torture. Every turn he took, he saw his wife and heard her voice.

"You did not trust me; you tried to have me killed; how could I possibly trust you now?" With a broken heart, Lily asked her husband. King Aziz's eyes searched her eyes, hoping that he could find a glimmer of hope for their relationship, and he did.

Aziz got off his knees, walked closer to his wife, and tried to touch her, but Lily pulled away from him.

"You must think I am the worst person in the world right now, but I want you to know that I love you," King Aziz told her, but Lily turned her back to him.

"You are the worst person in the world; you almost killed our child!" Lily yelled at Aziz, forgetting his status as a king.

"I did not know that you were pregnant," King Aziz explained, but this only infuriated Lily more. She turned on her heel and angrily looked up at the man who was said to be her husband.

"So if you had known that I was pregnant, you would not have sentenced me to death?" Lily asked him, and this only made King Aziz regret how his words had come out.

"My love I did not mean it like that, what I meant was—"

"No! You meant exactly what you said. I knew that all the love you showered me with was fake and that all you really wanted was an heir to the throne. Well, I'm sorry to break the news to you, my dear king, but you will not have my son!" Lily scolded her husband, but King Aziz was still stuck on what his wife had said, and he did not know how he could express what he was feeling.

"We are having a son?" King Aziz asked his wife, and shock and excitement traveled through King Aziz's body. Fahd had recently informed him that Lily was pregnant, but he had never mentioned that Lily was carrying the heir.

"No, we are not having a son; I am having a son. You were living the life while I was here, all alone and carrying my child." Lily broke down in tears. King Aziz felt his wife's pain, and worst of all, he felt like the world had fallen on his shoulders.

"I see Fahd had left out a few details of my stay in Hamidin." King Aziz smiled as he thought of how cunning Fahd had been. He had not told his wife of the horrors that had been going on in Hamidin, and he was thankful for that because Lily was pregnant after all.

"What is there to tell me?" Lily asked King Aziz angrily, and truth be told, King Aziz did not know where to begin explaining himself.

"For a start, both my stepbrother and mother had passed away." King Aziz delivered the news to his wife, and the shocked expression on Lily's face made it evident that this was all new to her.

"What happened to the both of them?" Lily asked as she was almost close to tears. King Aziz smiled as he wondered how someone like himself was gifted with such a beautiful and caring wife.

"If I were you, I would not pity them; rather, I would be glad." King Aziz told his wife, and his words shocked Lily, as she could not believe that it was Aziz of all people saying such.