~Chapter 19~

Josie makes her way to the library, her scheduled meeting spot with Regulus to complete their essay

Josie makes her way to the library, her scheduled meeting spot with Regulus to complete their essay. However, he seemed keen on ignoring all day, only engaging in necessary conversation during class. She ponders whether he will even show up.

As she approaches the library doors, someone unexpectedly calls her name. Davian, the other Ravenclaw Prefect, greets her. Their previous interactions have been limited, making this encounter unusual.

Davian steps closer, and Josie can't help but notice his attractive features—dirty blonde hair and captivating green eyes. Standing before her, he is a few inches taller than Josie.

With a smile, Davian breaks the silence, saying, "I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go to Hogsmeade with me on the next trip, as a date?"

Surprised, Josie conceals her emotions. Davian asking her out is unexpected. "Sure," she replies, reciprocating the smile. They make plans, and he leaves.

Josie, still processing the unexpected turn of events, strolls toward the library doors. No one has ever asked her on a date before. Perhaps she could develop feelings for Davian; he seems kind based on their limited interactions.

Pushing these thoughts aside, Josie enters the library and spots Regulus at a table. Taking a seat next to him, she catches his attention, but he remains silent.

"When we turn in the essay, do you want to demonstrate the vanishing spell?" Josie asks.

"Yes. I already know how to do it," Regulus replies, his tone still cold.

"Alright," Josie acknowledges.

He slides the essay closer to her, and together they silently work on the final few sentences. Once they finish, Regulus simply departs.

Josie's lips curl, though she conceals the disdain she feels towards him. With a sigh, she ventures to a section of the library in search of more books on occlumency. To her surprise, there aren't many resources available.

Josie's gaze wanders to the restricted section. It seems plausible that occlumency-related books might be found there. However, accessing those books would require a professor's authorization.

Maybe Dumbledore when she asked for help on the subject? If he agreed.

After leaving the library, Josephine carries two books—one on occlumency and the other on legilimency. She heads back to her dorm, her mind now consumed by thoughts of the mysterious whisper she had once heard. Although she hasn't encountered it again, the curiosity about its source lingers within her.

This year seems to be filled with countless unanswered questions, adding to Josephine's growing list of uncertainties.

~~~

As the weekend before Hogsmeade arrives, Josephine and Regulus still haven't spoken, but he has stopped ignoring her and simply acts as if their fight never occurred. She wonders about the cause of his cold behavior, but she doesn't want to invest her energy into figuring it out.