~Chapter 33~

Josephine strolls thoughtfully towards Dumbledore's office, her fingers idly picking at her nails as she ponders her decision about learning Occlumency

Josephine strolls thoughtfully towards Dumbledore's office, her fingers idly picking at her nails as she ponders her decision about learning Occlumency. She has spent ample time mulling it over, perhaps longer than necessary, and has sought advice from Helena on how to shield certain thoughts from intrusion.

Josie hadn't talked to Regulus since the other night. It did...hurt more than it should have but she knew that her liking him would change the feeling she felt when he decided to go completely mental and be upset with her over stuff that wasn't her fault.

A sudden jolt of pain from her nail-picking brings her back to reality. "Acid pops," she whispers, and the statue responds by revealing a hidden staircase. Climbing up, she hesitantly knocks on Dumbledore's office door.

"Come in," Dumbledore's voice beckons.

With a determined expression masked by a fake smile, Josie steps inside. "Hello, sir," she greets respectfully, doing her best to suppress any negative feelings towards him.

"Hello, Miss Potter," Dumbledore replies, peering at her through his half-moon glasses, his demeanor calm and unsurprised by her visit.

Josie makes her way to a chair and sits down, wincing slightly as it creaks. "Are you alright, dear?" Dumbledore inquires, concerned.

"I'm fine," she assures him, clearing her throat. "I'm here to discuss your offer, about learning Occlumency."

"Ah," Dumbledore acknowledges, taking off his glasses and placing them in front of him. "Have you familiarized yourself with the books on the topic from the restricted section?"

"Yes, I've read all of them and have made sure that I truly want to pursue this," she replies confidently.

"That's good, dear," he remarks, nodding. "I can schedule a specific time during the week to teach you. How about Wednesdays?"

She mentally checks her schedule to ensure it's feasible. "Yes, Wednesday is great."

"Excellent. You'll meet me here each Wednesday at 8 o'clock," Dumbledore confirms.

Josie offers a tight smile. "That's fine."

"Alright, Miss Potter, I'll see you next week on Wednesday," Dumbledore says, tapping on his desk to conclude the meeting.

As she starts to rise from her seat, he stops her with a question, "Before you leave, do you have your meeting scheduled with your head of house to discuss future careers?"

Turning back to face him, she replies, "Yes, it's scheduled for next week."

"That's good to hear. I hope you find your way into the career you desire," he smiles kindly, and she returns the gesture before leaving the room.

With the meeting set for next Friday, she can't help but feel uncertain about her future path. The Ministry is an option, but it doesn't quite resonate with her like it does with her brother's ambition to become an Auror.