chapter 6

A few weeks later

JENNA
"Stamps, postcards, the last shreds of my self-respect."

JORGE
"I'll take two shreds."

ZURI
"Why are all you CITs selling stuff?"

EMMA
"Gladys is making us. Apparently, varicose vein removal is not cheap."

ZURI
"I like your legs. They remind me of a New York City subway map."

JENNA
"Good one."

RAVI
"Candy here! Get your delectable, sugary treats! And speaking of delectable, notice how my rump is rocking these bike shorts."

ZURI
"Your geek is on fleek."

GLAYDS
"Campers! Big announcement, so stop what you're doing!"

they then let go of the blanket, and Tiffany fell

TIFFANY
"Ow!"

GLAYDS
"Last night I was stood up for a date."

JENNA
"Actually imagine.-"

EMMA
"How can a pint of ice cream and a George Clooney movie stand you up?"

GLAYDS
"It was Serge, the candy delivery man. Sheesh, you post bail for a guy, and he doesn't even take you to dinner?"

LOU
"Been there, done that!"

GLADYS
"Since Serge is not returning my calls, texts, or banging on his front door, I have decided to punish him by no longer ordering candy for the camp!"

JENNA
"Wait, that's so not fair! I might as well call the police but I don't think they will take glayds..."

JORGE
"Whoa, whoa! Why do we all have to suffer just because you're hideous and no one wants to date you?"

Everyone was shocked about what he said while Jenna was dying of laughter

JORGE
"Let me rephrase that."

GLADYS
"Too late, you're going in the hole!"

XANDER
"Don't worry, it's more comfortable than the bunks."

GLAYS
"And since candy reminds me of Serge, it is now banned from camp! So, enjoy what's left in Candy Boy's cart, 'cause that's the last of it."

RAVI
"Okay, people. Uh, one at a time, please. Oh, perhaps a single file."

ZURI
"Get him!"

RAVI
"Stop! You are pulling my taffy!"

IN THE CAFETERIA~

EMMA
"Will Xander ever ask me out? Ugh, this stupid eight-ball isn't magic at all."

JENNA
"Emma, it's gonna be okay. I'm sure he will soon even though I did so much with hazel on my date we went to the carnival and we kissed and it was just magical somehow she knew all the stuff I liked that no-one knows and I didn't even tell her cool right?!."

EMMA
"Not helping! See, even your date sounded magical!"

JENNA
"it really was,"

Jenna said dreamily

LOU
"Hi, sisters from other misters!"

JENNA AND EMMA
"Hi, Lou."

LOU
"Hey, Woodchucks never frown. No, seriously, it's impossible. Their massive incisors prevent mouth inversion."

EMMA
"I'm totes bummed about Xander. It's been a week and he still hasn't asked me out. I thought he liked me, Hazel even asked Jenna long ago"

LOU
"Aw, Emma, look, boys are like hotdogs. Delicious, but wondering about what's inside will make you puke."