F is for Family

The gang had moved their little tea party inside the hideout, they casually sipped their beverage and ate cubed sandwiches at the table while discussing what to do next. Hinata wasn't present as she was taking a shower and changing into some clothes that Kiba had found.

Naruto munched on his sandwich talking between each bite, "Okay, so we gotta figure out who is trying to kill our hime."

Shikamaru tip taped on his computer typing quickly as he tried to find the source of the email that was sent out to all of them. "They are pretty smart whoever they are, usually I can hack into the system pretty quickly." He grabbed his tea taking a quick sip of it before going back to work.

Sasuke sat in his chair with a leg thrown over the arm, sharpening his blade. "You said she was next up as leader right?" Naruto nodded at his statement mouth too full to speak. Sasuke pointed his knife toward the other black-haired male in the room. "Sai, did you find out any intel about the Hyuga clan?"

"Hmm.." Sai shuffled through his paperwork," Seems they work rather closely with Orochimaru..."

Naruto swallowed the huge lump in his throat, "That snake! I bet he's the one that put the hit out on Hinata. Hunt? Bunny? He's a complete creep!"
Sasuke hummed, "Not necessarily but it is a good start."

There was some shuffling noise catching the tables' attention. Naruto looked behind him and nearly fainted at the beautiful sight in front of him.

Hinata was wearing a white blouse that dipped down ever so slightly to reveal some cleavage, she also wore a purple flowy skirt. Her hair was loose in waves of curls, still a little damp from the shower.

She blushed at his heated gaze and mouth hanging open, "N-Naruto? D-do I look weird?"

"You always look amazing!" Naruto laughed pulling out a seat for her to sit next to him.

Shikamaru raised a brow at her outfit, "Those clothes look kind of familiar..."

Kiba scratched his head awkwardly, " Huh? No you guys are just you know dreaming."

"So either you are sneaking girls in here or those are your clothes." Sasuke gave him a questioning look. "Which one is it?"

The table let out a snicker as Kiba pouted in embarrassment.

Naruto patted his pal's back as he sat down to the left of him, "Kiba you dog! Who's the lucky gal?"
"I-I can't say..." He frowned, "We haven't you know...made it official..."

"Oh, secrets I respect that... HEY AKAMARU!"

"NO!"

Akamaru was lying next to the table, head raised at attention, and excitedly wagged his tail.
"ARPH!" The dog's deep bark echoed.

"Who is Kiba seeing?" Naruto ruffled the dog's head.

"Don't you tell him boi!" Kiba began to ruffle the dog's ear.

Akamaru looked at them in complete confusion. His tongue lolled out his mouth and his tail wagged with less enthusiasm.

"Who's a good boy!" Naruto and Kiba continued to confuse the poor dog even more, shouting together in giving him attention. Telling him to tell him what he knows and telling him not to say a word.
Akamaru whined gently, he's a good boy of course, but if he told on Kiba he wouldn't be a good boy, and if he didn't tell Naruto he also wouldn't be a good boy.

"Who's the best boi!" Naruto smiled adding to the affection.

"Who's the greatest boi!"

"WHO'S THE ULTIMATE BOI!"