December 31st, 9:25 AM - Dining Hall

Midnight's Strike Popstar: Oh no, no, no, NO, NO, NO!

[Midnight enters the Dining Hall for breakfast, where everyone sitting is confused to see her shuffling handfuls of letters and envelopes frustratedly. With messy mascara tears of charcoal rolling down her eyes, she slumps into her chair and grabs a heart-shaped handkerchief off the elegant dining table, sobbing throwing all the ruffly letters onto the floor and sobbing into it. Sister Gothicutie looks up from her phone.]

Sis Gothicutie: Wow, what's up with you?

Darling Valentina: Oh, there, there Starry Sweetheart. Whatever is the matter?

Midnight: I-I-I've sent- I've sent like a billion letters to Queen Nigh- Queen Nightbarbie but s..st..STILL! The tunnel t-to Royale City is still closed even though it's so close to New Year's Eve and-andandand I- I just HAVE TO do my tour! My concert! Now I don't have time to set the stage up, now I have to refund all the tick-tickets... this was supposed to be my annual show and they cancelled it and now none of the Royale world can see me on stage all because...b-b-bec-because that royal government is too focused on the construction of the Royale College Campus...

Miss Summer Fantasy: Ohh... that's not much of a matter...

Whimsy Wizard: Of course it is, it's a set's worst nightmare. Being offsale for a whole year.

Enchanting Heirloom: Lucky for you that you came this Halloween. For Christmas, we were promised another member on the show but they got cancelled, wonder whatever mischief they did.

Mrs December's Dream: Everyone, calm down. Midnight, you should enjoy your holiday! Take a year off, no more singing on stage in that awful top in the freezing winter. You know how snowy it gets at the city during New Year's!

Miss Summer: Exactly, that's what I was going to say... chilllllll, be lucky and relax...

Sir Winter Guardian: Madame Rose, you're awfully quiet.

[Lady Rose simply wipes her mouth and stays calm the whole scene.]

Lady Rose: I'm afraid you all forgot what day it is today.

Brother Royale Rebel: What, Mr and Mrs' December's anniversary? That was like- OHHHHHH. Midnight's birthday.

[Lady Rose nods, and the entire table close silent with shame as the only sounds that longed were the sobs of Midnight and the winds of the snowstorm outside the dining hall windows, until young Babydoll Adorable jumps up and stands on her seat like the child she is and breaks the silence.]

Babydoll: Mama, why didn't you tell us?!

[Dear Dollie whispers and gestures Babydoll to sit down.]

Dollie: Of course, child. Of course she didn't tell us.

Lady Rose: Now I've already bought my gift yesterday and am planning to have a celebration today. Goddess has gone shopping with me as well.

[Everyone else stays silent, as they could detect the dangerous amount of annoyance within Lady Rose's quietness. Goddess of Triumph then claps their hands together with glee.]

Goddess: How exciting! I LOVE celebrations for the children!

Sister Mon Chéri: oh no...

Spring Cherry Blossom: Oh Midnight, we're so sorry we forgot your... your birthday. You're still a very new set you know, we all have busy lives and all of us have to deal with so much that we sometimes forget birthdays. Even my birthday was forgotten once!

Valentina: Sure, we promise to give you the best birthday, especially on this terrible occasion. You should eat up,

[Valentina over-piles Midnight's plate with about too many pancakes without looking, as she rubs her back and gives her more heart handkerchiefs.]

Bro Gothicutie: Uh... that's enough pancakes, you're gonna... make... her sick...

Midnight: Thanks guys... but, b-but I'm not really...hungry... see you all later...

[She jumps up from her seat and bursts into tears once again, sprints out of the room, continuing to make long, loud sobs between short breaths.]

Cherry: ...what?

[The Rebel twins both sigh in unison as Shadow Empress rubs her eyes in disappointment, Babydoll starts to tear up as well, Sis Chéri awkwardly sips her tea, Whimsy Witch and Wizard both push their half-eaten plates away, Princess Starfrost angrily throws her scepter onto the floor and Brother Opposites Attract completely gives up life, flipping his plate over with a clang and making a mess, before storming out and slamming the door as well. All while Lady Rose watches in silence, disappointed. Babydoll then begins to actually cry, only then did Lady Rose stand up to hug and comfort her daughter.]

Interview

Lady Rose: Oh gosh... Out of all the children and sets I take care of and feed under this very roof... and within the estate grounds... Midnight has to be the most dramatic. You know, social media has drastically effected the younger generations, but Midnight... oh, her entire mind is fans, hair, clothes, music, shows. That's it! All she wants is for her fans or for other celebrities to think that she's pretty. She desperately wants to be... perfect. And when she can't get that, she has entire mental breakdowns just because a show got cancelled, someone thinks her hair is out of place... this popstar personality is not of my liking.

And the worst part is that whenever something goes wrong, she complains that her life is the hardest. Really? I mean, all of us other sets have to work for a month at least, and she only gets a few days! I love each and every one of the sets dearly and treat them as my own because they are my own, but I need to teach Midnight that life isn't all microphones and makeup. She is just...imprisoned within this glamorous life of being beautiful and popular.

What? NO! I'm not calling her spoiled!

Back to scene

[Babydoll continues crying as Lady Rose tries to hush her.]

Lady Rose: It is decided; Everyone else shall divide into 3 separate groups. One will buy the gifts, one will prepare for the party and one will cheer Midnight up and distract her from whatever surprises you all plan. The celebration is at 6 PM tonight, so I expect things to be EXTRA PERFECT. Dear Midnight has suffered enough- for now, Goddess and I shall knit a dress for her birthday. We need food, music, decorations... gifts, of course.

Everyone in unison: Certainly, Miss Lady Rose.