4

Warning: this chapter contains mature scenes

Aonung's pov:

"Is it a bad thing to say that it would've been better to have Araoukai here to teach that boy the way of water?" I asked Neteyam as I saw Asherah laugh when Ri'han didn't jump into the water properly.
"We were lucky to have Rotxo, Tsireya ans Miyara because if we only had you it would've looked like that," Neteyam said and I rolled my eyes at him, "you know what, I'll ask De'iya to check in on them and help."
"I think that boy would very much appreciate that," I said as Asherah snorted at the way the boy couldn't swim, "my Eywa I see myself over there."
"Don't worry," Neteyam said and smirked, "we all do."
"I don't get how she got everything from me," I said as I ran my hand through my hair, "all the other kids are either mixed or take after Miya."
"She'll come around eventually, she's only fifteen," Neteyam said, "you came around when you and Miya got together, just get her a boyfriend maybe that will speed up the process."
"No boyfriend," I said stern and Neteyam chuckled.
"There my daughter is," Neteyam said as he waved De'iya over, without even complaining for one second De'iya walked over to us, "what are you up to today, little warrior?"
"Weaving a top for mom's birthday," she answered, "what are you up to, big warrior?"
"I'm helping our Olo'eyktan prepare the spears for the hunt of next week," Neteyam answered, "can you do me a favour?"
"Sure," she said calmly, "what do you need me to do?"
"Asha's trying to... teach the new kid the Metkayina ways," Neteyam explained as De'iya's golden eyes landed on Asherah in the distance, "can you help her with that?"
"Help her or take over for her?" De'iya asked as she quirked a brow but before her father could answer she already continued talking, "I'll see what I can do."
"Thank you, De'iya," I said as she looked at me and smiled before leaving us with a kind nod. De'iya dove into the water and left for Ri'han and Asherah.

***

Miyara's pov:

"Has.. Has our mother talked to you yet?" Mo'iki asked me as we walked along the Ta'unui shore together.
"No, why would she?" I asked him confused. We had been in Ta'unui for a couple of days now and tomorrow we'd leave for Awa'atlu again meaning that today Araoukai would have to tell us wether he wanted to continue with Eraya or not, he had been spending every day with her but I wasn't sure if he was into her or not.
Kaoru was still a bit distraught after I had told him why my parents left Awa'atlu, meaning I'd also have to tell him about the attempted rape on me when I was seventeen and suddenly he understood why his father was always pressuring him and his brother to treat women nicely and never to do anything without their permission, he also understood why his father was so much more protective over me and his daughters. Kaoru now wasn't sure anymore if he wanted to get to know his grandmother but I had told him that should he want to I would not hold him back. He was old enough to choose for himself.
"Not important," Mo'iki sighed and changed the subject, "Araou seems to have fun with that girl.. where are they anyway?"
"In our pod," I answered, "I'm going over there in a few minutes to talk to him and see what he wants."
"They'd make a cute couple, that's for sure," Mo'iki said as he suddenly pointed at someone in the distance, "isn't that Leykuzi?"
"I see everyone that got banished from Awa'atlu moved here," I sighed as even seventeen years later I still recognized that girl in a million, "that's Leykuzi, with her son I think."
"Let's turn around before she sees us," Mo'iki suggested.
"Good thinking," I said and sighed, "if you don't mind I'll go and find my oldest son now."
Mo'iki nodded as we parted ways, in the village I saw Kaoru and Re'ylä chatting with each other over something, I smiled when the two cousins bursted out into a laughter fit and drawing half of the village's attention to themselves. I made my way over to our pod in which we had all been staying for the past few days, ready to finally have a talk with my son and see what he wanted to do but when I opened the curtain I was shocked beyond belief on what I saw.
"Araoukai!" I shouted enraged as he and Eraya screamed bloody murder.
"Ma!" He pleaded as he got a blanket and threw it over him and Eraya, "y-you said you left with uncle Mo."
"I did, about two hours ago!" I said as Araoukai crawled off Eraya and covered them both up with the blanket up to their chins.
"Hi Miyara, it's nice to see you again," Eraya said awkwardly as she halfsmiled at me.
"You too," I said, "although I saw a little too much."
I could not believe that Araoukai was having sex with the girl he dreaded on meeting, he took his father's words a little too literal when he told him to enjoy himself.
"It's not what you think, ma," Araoukai said and I quirked a brow.
"It's not? Because it looked like you two were having sex but I guess this is what hugging looks like nowadays," I said as I placed my hands on my hips, "Eraya, please get dressed so I can have a word with my son.. I'll wait outside."
Eraya nodded and I walked out of the pod, running my hand through my hair I contemplated on what to do next. If I told Aonung he would make this union official, actually them having sex already made it official and clearly neither of them knew that. Perhaps Araoukai wanted this union to happen, why else would you be fucking the girl?
After several minutes Eraya ran out of the pod, her hair was a mess and without looking at me she vanished into the village.
"Are you decent?" I asked my son.
"..yes," he said and I pushed the curtain aside. Araoukai was still on the ground, a blanket wrapped around his waist and it already told me enough but I didn't want to think of it. He blushed from ear to ear as he stared at me with widened eyes.
"When your father told you to enjoy yourself he didn't mean to have sex with the girl," I said, "what is it that you want, Araou? Because you were complaining the entire road here and now I find you intimately with her.. why?"
"Because.. she let me?" Araoukai questioned with an awkward smile, "it was her idea!"
"Just because it was her idea doesn't mean you need to put it in her!" I groaned annoyed, "you do realise that you've just made this union official?"
"W-what?" He asked me stunned.
"If the Olo'eyktan and your father find out they will betroth you to one another and there'll be no escaping it," I said and his eyes widened, "do you want to be with this girl?"
"I like her, I do," he said and sighed, "but I don't think I'll ever fall in love with her."
"And yet you still couldn't restrain yourself from having sex with her?" I asked him, "I did not raise you like this! Have you done that before?"
"I don't want to talk about my sex life with you, ma," Araoukai said, "otherwise I might feed myself to the akula."
"I might just feed you to the akula myself," I groaned irritated, "not only did you sleep with the girl you don't even want to be with, you're also forcing me to not tell your father!"
"In my defense you were never even supposed to know!" Araoukai said.
"That's why you were having sex in the pod nobody comes in?" I questioned sarcastically, "I had told you that I would be back to discuss this further with, you knew I would be back!"
"I'm sorry, ma," Araoukai said as his ears lowered, "I didn't mean to disrespect you."
"I know you didn't," I sighed as I spread my arms, "come and hug your mama."
Araoukai chuckled as he got up and dropped the blanket, he was wearing the loincloth that Zaniyah had decorated for him as he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my back and I pulled him in for a hug.
"You will talk to her, won't you?" I asked him and he nodded, "I won't tell your father, but never do anything like this again.. I did not raise you to be.. be.. a slut!"
"I know, ma," he chuckled, "guess I got that from you."
"I don't know what you're talking about, I've only been with your father," I said, "I can tell you plenty of stories about me and your father if it'll scare you enough to never do anything like this again.. for example on the night we conceived you.."
"MA!" Araoukai shouted as he pulled away and put his fingers in his ears, "I don't want to hear it! Lalalalala!"
"Stop, I'm not telling you," I said as I pulled his hands down, "but I will if you ever pull anything like this again."
"Please don't," he said, "I'll talk to Eraya."
"You do that," I said, "and no funny business!"
"No funny business," he said as he leaned down and pecked a kiss on my cheek, "thank you for always having my side, even if it means that you have to keep a secret from dad."
"This is the first time I have to keep a secret from your father," I sighed, "I just want you to be happy, Araou."
"I know," he said softly, "thank you."
"Don't thank me," I said as I moved a strand of his hair behind his ear, I wished he'd let it grow longer so his curls could come out but he wanted it short, "I'm your mom, it's my job."
Araoukai nodded and walked past me out of the pod to talk to Eraya about their union.