16

Ri'han's pov:

I didn't understand why I was nervous, after all I didn't believe in Eywa and after today I still wouldn't.
The entire village was getting ready for a major bonfire, people were putting body paint on each other and wearing more seashells and flowers than usual, everyone was also singing, chanting and dancing. I was surprised how big of a deal they made here about a first communion with Eywa, did they do this for the kids too?
Miyara, the Tsahik, had painted my body with white body paint and guided me to the pier. The village was dancing and chanting, it was madness.
Everything in my head went silent when I spotted her among the crowd, my jaw dropped at the sight of her, she was so gorgeous.
De'iya stood at the front, next to her father, she wore this seashell top with all different kinds of colors that made her big, golden eyes even that much brighter, her loincloth was made out of pink colored seaweed that complimented the curve of her body. The colorful paint on her body and face made the dark shade of her blue skin that much more enhanced and vibrant. Her black hair was braided and there were all sorts of seashells attached to it. But none of those accessories were quite as beautiful as the smile upon her face, it was so warm and kind and it hit me like a rock. I had fallen so deeply in love with this girl.
The smile I didn't even realize I had on my face vanished when I realized this, because this meant that I had betrayed my people. I had fallen in love with the enemy. De'iya was my enemy, my kind-hearted, sweet and endearing enemy. Nobody had treated me quite like she had, so pure and full of life.
Everything became a blur, I heard Aonung speak to the people as Miyara ended up taking the lead and before I knew it we had made it to the spirit tree.
Miyara signed to me to give her my queue and I did so, I was nervous because what if my beliefs were proven wrong?
What would I do then?
I had to keep a clear mind, focus on what I knew and I knew that Eywa wasn't real and I knew that when I connected to that tree I would see nothing.
My heart was pounding in my chest as Miyara attached my queue with the spirit tree and I was met with a bright flash of light and a strange feeling like I had left the world behind.
When my eyes opened I was met with a young Na'vi girl, she was not normal.. she had the dark blue skintone of the forest Na'vi and the shape of her face reminded me of De'iya, this young girl looked a lot like her but her lips where thinner.. her eyes were bloodshed red, the same shade as my own and her straight hair was white, just like my own.
"Are you Eywa?" I asked the girl and she chuckled.
"No," she said with a sweet voice, "but she wanted you to see me."
"Why you?" I asked her, "I don't understand."
"I'm everything you want to be," the girl said, "but I can only exist once you believe."
"Believe in what?"
"In her," the girl said as she walked over to me and placed a hand on my cheek, I could feel her finger tips on my skin and it sent a shiver down my spine, "in the almighty. Look around you, I do not exist yet but I can."
"Is this some hallucination?" I asked the girl, "how? I mean - this is just happening in my head, this isn't real?"
"Who says it's not real just because it's happening in your head?" The girl asked me as she tilted her head slightly sideways, "Eywa is real and she loves you, like she loves all her children, those who have passed on, those who are still around and those who are yet to be born, she loves us all and she provides for us all."
"Okay," I said, "so why doesn't she talk to me herself? Why did she send you?"
"Eywa lives in all of us, and I am what you needed to see," she said, "I am what your heart has desired all your life."
"You know nothing of me," I scoffed, "this isn't real."
"But it is real," the girl said with a half smile, "she's real, dad."
"Yeah, well-" I began when my eyes widened and I realized what she had said, "what'd you call me?"
But before I could get an answer I was drawn back to  the spirit tree with Miyara next to me. And I was stunned. That girl.. would be.. my daughter? Was that even possible?

***

Khalilah's pov:

Araoukai hadn't come to apologize to me since the fight we had, I watched him follow his father and siblings into the water for Ri'han's communion with Eywa. I couldn't care about any of it, a part of me did but nobody came to even ask if I was going. Not Naeyi, not De'iya.. no one.
"Why are you upset?" Mo'iki suddenly asked me as he sat down besides me.
"I'm not upset," I lied as I hugged my knees tighter, "shouldn't you go to the communion?"
"I'm afraid I barely go to the spirit tree anymore," Mo'iki answered and I frowned, "ever since my wife died, I can't see her face without feeling an unbearable amount of pain."
"Oh, I'm sorry," I whispered and I realized I never really asked about his wife who died giving birth to Re'ylä, "what was she like?"
"She was the kindest person I've ever known, she was calm and serene, she was a sister to Miya and she always smiled no matter how bad things might be," Mo'iki said, "when I visited the spirit tree after her passing I was met with her beautiful face, but she didn't know she was dead and it just broke my heart all over again. I still miss her and I still love her and it kills me to know I've spend more time without her in my life then with her."
There was a silence as I was thinking about my relationship with Araoukai, would he think of me like that?
"My nephew is a skxawng," Mo'iki suddenly spoke, "he always has been, my sister spoiled him too much when he was little, she also babied him too much. He'll come around, don't worry."
"Yeah, well," I said annoyed as I got up, "I'm not waiting around forever."
I left before Mo'iki could even say another word and I wandered into the woods, I had a lot in my mind and I just needed to scream without anyone hearing me.
Aonung didn't want me to be his son's girlfriend, Asherah hated my guts and wished Araoukai would pick Taraji instead of me, Miyara was only kind to me because of Araoukai and Araoukai was stupid. The elders would oppose to me becoming Tsahik, the entire clan hates me so Araoukai would be forced to chose between his right to become Olo'eyktan or me. To lead the clan, which Aonung was training him for his entire life, or to be with a girl that nobody liked.
This clan has done nothing but bring misery to me and my family, this clan viewed me as an abomination and I was done with trying to prove them wrong. I was so utterly done with all of them.
I knew what Araoukai would chose, he would chose to be Olo'eyktan and he would chose Eraya to be the Tsahik by his side just like Aonung had chosen Miyara. I was nobody's first choice.
"This clan might view you as a monster," the sudden raspy voice behind me called, "but my clan would view you as a hero."
"Varang," I whispered as my eyes widened and I turned around to face the clan leader of the ash people. I had talked with her several times and every time I had refused her offer.
"I mean it," Varang spoke, "think about it, Khalilah. These people treat you like crap for your entire life after you've shown them nothing but kindness. And your boyfriend, well he looks busy replacing you as you stand here."
"He-" I stammered but realised she was right. He wasn't as sweet as he was at first, ever since Eraya showed up. This clan would cast me aside and so would Araoukai.
"The Tsahik is only training you so they can make fun of you when Araoukai casts you aside like dirt," Varang whispered as she circled around me, "and Eywa has never helped you, what kind of a god abandons her people?"
"I- I," I stammered once more as her words were beginning to make sense in my head.
"But I can help you," Varang said, "I want to help you."
"How?" I asked her as I could feel the tears prickle in the corners of my eyes.
"I will punish those who've done you wrong, I promise you that," Varang spoke, "and I'll make you my right hand woman, we could lead the Ash clan together. I'll need someone like you."
"You.. need me?" I asked her as my mind was becoming a blur.
"I do, my people do too," Varang spoke, "all I need you to do is tell me everything you learn from your boyfriend, from his family and from his clan. Can you do that for me?"
I stayed quiet for a moment as I realized what she was asking of me, she was asking me to betray the clan.. to betray Araoukai. My family.
"What about my parents?" I whispered, my voice sounding hoarse.
"They don't need to know about this, yet," Varang spoke, "but they'll be kept safe and they'll join you in the ash clan, a clan that will accept them just like the clan will accept you, I promise."
"You promise?"
"I promise," Varang spoke, "so, do you accept my offer?"
"I-" I stammered as I wanted to think about it but my lips already formed the words before my mind could even contemplate it, "I do."

Hi guys, how've you been? I'm sorry for how long it's taken to update.. I've got so much going on personally that I simply barely have the time to actually work on anything. But whenever I get the chance I'm writing.