15

Ri'han's pov:

"Come on, slowpoke," De'iya chuckled as she ran along the roots with ease, I was still getting used to the different soils in Awa'atlu, from the unsteady beaches to the strands of the roots and the firm ground in the small forest.. where I came from it was all the same: hard rock and scorched grounds that would burn the Omatikaya's and Metkayina's feet, but not mine because our bodies are better build to extreme heat.
I followed after De'iya, she was always teaching me new things, even Miyara had told her that I am almost ready to have my first connection to Eywa and that seemed to make her very excited.
My plan of making her fall in love with me was working, by the look in her eyes I could tell she had grown strong feelings for me.
It had been two weeks since Ta'unui came here, and nearly three since De'iya returned from the forest.
I knew that Varang was trying to get Khalilah to switch sides, but she didn't have any luck so far.. but I could tell that she was nearly over the edge of switching..
Araoukai was forced to spend time with Eraya, who was more than happy to touch him every chance she got, it was obvious that in the short time Araoukai and Eraya had been together in Ta'unui she had grown quite the crush on him. This was also where Araoukai's good nature would bite him in the ass, because Khalilah was growing more jealous because of it. He was unknowingly pushing his girlfriend into the arms of their enemy by treating Eraya like a friend.
Although it was my initial plan to make Asherah fall for me, who I had seen sneaking around with Zeoay but if they were officially a thing was still a mystery, I ended up having to make De'iya fall for me.. her father was in the inner circle of the Olo'eyktan's warriors and she would have valuable information because of it.
But I felt strange around her now, I felt different then I did before. It was this strange feeling in the pit of my stomach that I just couldn't explain, it made me feel both excited and nauseous. I had never felt like that before.
"Got ya!" I shouted when I finally caught up to De'iya, being surprised when she sat down in one of the heated pools.
"Sit down," she said as she waved me over, when she smiled at me I could feel my heart skip a beat, which it had never done before. I didn't get nervous, I never felt sickly like I did around her. I had to talk to someone about this feeling, maybe Miyara could do something to heal me from this because I needed to focus on my mission and now every time I was around her I seemed to totally forget about my mission. I didn't have to force myself to laugh or smile, it came naturally.
"Truth or dare," she said and I frowned.
"We're playing games?" I asked her confused, she went from training my abilities to move quickly on the roots to playing childish games with me. She never seized to surprise me.
"You trained well, now it's time to relax," De'iya said, "tomorrow's your first connection to Eywa, so it's okay to take things more relaxed right now."
"If you say so," I said. I didn't believe in Eywa, I didn't believe in their fancy stories about Eywa and I didn't believe that the Tsahik was a spiritual guide for Eywa. Eywa was a children's story, used to keep kids in check and these people worshipped a false god. Varang was our god, or so she presented herself as at least.
"Truth or dare, Ri," she said in a low voice.
"Dare, Iya," I answered and I smirked at her, watching her think about something to have me do.
"Let me unbraid your hair," she said and I frowned, "I want to see what your hair looks like without braids."
"Much like yours," I said, "straight, I don't have those crazy curls like everyone else in this clan."
"Still," she said, "I want to unbraid it."
"You can," I said as she smiled once more and came over to me, "only if you turn it into something better."
"Don't you worry," De'iya said, "braids are a specialty in the Omatikaya clan."
"This is the Metkayina clan," I said as she started to undo my braids.
"I know, but I've always been more Omatikaya then Metkayina," she said. My heart began to beat faster as she sat so close to me, I couldn't even bare to look at her. This was so weird of me.
"Truth or dare," I asked her to kill the silence, if it was quiet too long she might hear my heartbeat and I didn't want her to see she had that effect on my heart because I didn't know what that meant.
"Truth," she said softly as she was focused on my white hair.
"Do you think Eywa will like me?" I asked her, as if I cared but I had to sell my devotion to this fake god, it seemed to mean so much to her and the clan.
"Eywa likes all her children," De'iya answered, "she'll embrace you like her own."
"I'm just nervous, that's all," I lied as she hummed a song, her voice sounded so serene, "your turn."
"Truth or dare," she asked me.
"Truth," I answered.
"What would you do if I kissed you?" She asked me softly. My eyes widened in shock, this was my plan all along but why did it feel so strange? The image of her kissing me popped up in my head and it.. brought me joy. What was wrong with me?
"I'd," I began, I couldn't lie to myself because I knew exactly what I'd do, "I'd kiss you back and never let you go."
"You would?" She asked me with an uncertain look on her face as she sat back down and let go of my half unbraided hair, her golden eyes searching my red eyes to see if I was lying. I wasn't, I didn't know why but I not only wanted her to kiss me because of my mission but because I wanted to kiss her, I wanted to taste her lips and I needed her close to me.. my mission was becoming unclear and uncertain and all because of her, what was she doing to me?
"Yes," I said and smiled, "but my mama raised me well before she died and so I shall kiss you first."
A soft smile appeared on De'iya's face, her pupils dilated as she looked down at my lips and back into my eyes. I moved a strand of her dark hair behind her ear as I leaned in closer to her.
Our noses touched and I could feel her breath on my lips, just like she could feel mine on hers. I teased her a bit, my lips brushing past her before I finally got the guts to press my lips against hers. They were smooth and sweet, I could taste the berry juice she had earlier, the sweetness of it complimented her perfect lips only more. I realised how much I wanted her, how much I needed her in ways I never felt about Vijaya before.. I no longer wanted her, I no longer yearned to mate with Vijaya, she could drop to her knees in front of me right now and beg for me to mate with her and I wouldn't even bother wasting a breath on her. But De'iya I wanted and it made me realize just how much of a hold she had on me, she had me more in her grip then I had her in mine. I couldn't help but deepen the kiss, showing her just how weak I was for her. Her hands slithered to my chest and up to the nape of my neck. My tongue asked for entry and she granted it to me, allowing me to taste that berry juice even more, our tongues colliding as I pulled her onto my lap.
It was all going well until she gently began to grind against me, I groaned against her lips and she smirked. I knew the game she was playing and she played it well, because now she knew how much of a sucker I was for her and her alone.
I broke the kiss after a while, I was supposed to make her fall in love with me and I had achieved that but for some reason my conscience told me not to take any steps further, to treat her gently. Like treasure.
"Let's not move too fast," I said whispered, "let's enjoy each other slowly."
"Okay," she whispered and I could see this insecure look on her face.
"Don't think that I don't like you," I said as I moved my hands from her waist to her face, so I could cup it, "I've liked you since the first time I layed eyes on you, the weeks you were gone were killing me."
"I missed you too," she admitted and I smiled.
"Be mine," I blurted out before my mind could even process it, "be my girl."
"Sure," she said with a girlish giggle, "I'll be your girl."
Suddenly that nauseous feeling left, I felt my heart calm down and I felt at ease.. did my body respond so strangely because I loved her? No, that couldn't be it.. right?