Starting Off (September 9th 1986)

5:54 PM

Well, where do I begin? Well, my wife gave me this journal around a month ago. I told her I'd use it, but I've never really considered picking it up. I've never been that much of a writer, literature was always rather boring in my eyes. So then, 'why would I use this journal?' you may ask. Well, it's just I've felt a bit guilty for wasting such a good journal. Well, as for starters, my name is Connor Terrinson Serpan, and I'm the driver of the Great Western Railway 5700 Class locomotive know as "Montague", or how he is commonly known as, "Duck". I also work alongside Erick Lokson, Duck's fireman. I've been working on the island of Sodor ever since I was twenty years old. It's been six years since I've gotten the job as his driver, and I don't have plans to retire anytime soon.

I doubt Sodor needs any introduction, since it's currently one of the most famous places on earth. Though, I suppose some details are usually left out. Sodor is an island commonly known for Wilbert and Christopher Awdry's book series called "The Railway Series", and the television show "Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends" by Britt Allcroft and David Mitton. Everywhere you go on the island, you're destined to find something magical about it. From fields of flowers, to the beaches near the coast lines. I suppose Sodor is always coming up with something new, so that's probably why it's difficult to keep up with it. I'm not sure what else to talk about.

Well, I suppose I can talk about present time. A few days ago, Thomas (the island's #1 engine) rediscovered the abandoned town of Great Waterton. How exactly? I'm not so sure, both me and Erick barely have any time to talk with his crew. Both Duck and Thomas have to work on their branch lines, so they also barely interact. Anyways, since Sodor day is right around the corner, the island's controller Sir Bertram Topham Hatt decided to throw a smoke show in celebration. In my opinion, the idea is kind of stupid. But hey, that's just me. Because of the smoke show, we've basically been having to work overtime to get it done. I heard rumours of there being a potential deadline coming up soon. Sir Topham Hatt must be very eager to get this done quickly.

Well, besides all that, there's nothing else to say really. I suppose I should get back to Duck, since my lunch break ends soon. Maybe I'll use this in the future, who knows? I just hope that we'll be able to finish the smoke show before the potential deadline.