Tension (September 11th 1986)

11:34 AM

Well, we have some slight information on the project. Earlier in the morning around 9 AM, Sir Topham Hatt held a meeting with everyone on the island. It's a rare occasion when every engine on the island has to attend a meeting. Anyways, Sir Topham Hatt explained the "evacuation protocol", or how he likes to call it "Code: Leakage". Stupid name, really. Anyways, I'm just gonna give the basic information. Incase the chemicals leak, everyone on the island must (try) to make it to an open shed. If you make it to a shed, do not close it unless the chemicals are around 25 miles away. Oh, and passengers take first priority. That's it really. There's still some flaws in the plan. But besides that it seems like a decent protocol. However, something is definitely going on. The fact that the evacuation protocol is only being revealed today, instead of way earlier on is concerning. I just pray it's not needed.

2:38 PM

Turns out, we're not being told as much as others. Around 2:30 we stopped at Tidmouth Station, getting ready to leave for the next trip. However, Emily pulled into the station with a passengers train. Duck asked her about it, since she usually takes freight trains instead of passengers. She claimed that "Thomas started malfunctioning, so he couldn't take the passengers". Since everybody else was busy, she was told to take the train. Strange, but I don't think she's lying. It was really only a matter of time before somebody broke down with all the work. After that, there was an awkward silence. That was until Emily brought up something we haven't heard about. "Have you heard that the project is so big, Sir Topham Hatt had to start calling in engines from the mainline?". This caught our attention. Duck questioned who, and Emily said she didn't know. She recommended asking Percy, since he knows them. Before we could continue talking, the guard blew his whistle. Erick shovelled coal into Duck's firebox, and with that we were off. I'm still thinking about what Emily said. It doesn't sound bad, but in retrospect it's concerning. What's next, a full team of elite scientists? I wouldn't be surprised. I plan on talking to Percy and his crew when I get a chance. Though I believe it'll be difficult since our schedules are different.

7:26 PM

I feel like there's something... or SOMEBODY pulling the strings behind the scenes. It was our conversation with Percy that has me creeped out. After the final trip, we decided to take a quick break at Tidmouth Sheds. We only need to get the express ready by 8:00 PM, anyways. By coincidence, Percy stopped by a siding near us. Naturally, Duck wanted to talk with him, so we brought him over to Percy. I swear for a second Percy's face had no muscles in it, but I guess I was just being stupid. The two's conversation was normal at first, Percy seemed to have less energy. I don't blame him, I would also be out of energy if I had to work as much as he had to. It was near the end did it get weird. Percy seemed to be struggling to keep smiling, his face occasionally turning into frowns. He quickly fixed it though. I went to ask his crew if they knew of his condition, but I was shocked to see that he had a different crew. They said that Thomas and Tommy were seriously ill, and needed to take the day off. Weird, the two usually still go to work even if sick. It was when Duck asked Percy about the smoke show did something start to feel off. Percy answered "Uh, yeah it's going good.". Both me and Duck caught on to the nervousness in his voice. Duck asked if Percy was okay, and Percy said that he was fine in an urgent voice. Duck didn't seem to get the hint that Percy didn't want to talk anymore, and kept asking. Eventually, Percy started getting more aggressive. He started yelling at Duck to fuck off. They got into a pretty heated argument, which is unusual.

  I was just about done with the conversation, and told Erick to start getting Duck ready to go

I was just about done with the conversation, and told Erick to start getting Duck ready to go. As Erick started shovelling coal into Duck's firebox, I heard Percy's voice change a bit. It sounded like there was a second voice, also talking. Whatever it was, it sounded off. Before the argument could escalate, I started Duck and left for Knapford. Whatever that voice was, it sure as hell wasn't Percy.

9:21 PM

It's been around 2 hours since the argument, and I still can't get it off my mind. Something's wrong with Percy, and I don't mean he's sick. He seems to be changing, and not in a normal way. What I'm trying to say is that I think something is inside of him, slowly turning him into a monster. Heh, I wonder what we'd call him if he was one. Nevermind, the point is that I believe he might do something drastic if he doesn't get help soon. We told Oliver and his crew, and they agree. I hope that the smoke show doesn't have something to do with it. Speaking of the smoke show, it's due on the 14th. Way too soon, but I think we'll be fine. We're just finishing things up now.