Agony (September 14th 1986)

4:12 AM - THE ATTACK AT THE IRONWORKS

  I can barely think straight. Nothing is what it seems anymore. I'll try to summarize what happened without going into too much detail. It was around 3:45 AM when it happened. We were all asleep, when suddenly we heard a loud crash near the smelters. Naturally, we were suspicious. As far as we were aware, it was just us. We all looked at each other in shock. Molly suggested that she'd go look. Gordon wanted to go with her, but she declined saying "if it's something dangerous, then it's best only one of us takes the risk". I threw in the suggestion that we should just get up and leave, since we shouldn't risk anyone's life even if it's safe. Oh how I wish they listened to me. Molly left to check out the noise. In the meantime, we stood on standby just in case. Out of nowhere, we heard Molly's whistle accompanied by painful shrieks which I assumed to be Mary's. We swiftly started the engines and also went to investigate. Terrible decision, probably one of my worse. Before I could process anything, I peaked outside the cab to see Jackson's head on the ground. We needed no communication to figure out what to do next, run. We heard a monstrous roar before something started charging at us. We quickly started picking up speed, trying to get away from it. Unfortunately it caught Gordon's tender, holding him in place. Before we could do anything, it dragged Gordon away. Duck was yelling about how we needed to go back, but Salty said we couldn't. We've been heading down the line for what feels like hours now. There's something that I can't get off my mind. The monster was making engine noises when heading towards us. I feel like I know what it might've been but... surely it couldn't have been him, could it?

5:13 AM

Something tells me that my life is going to take a sudden turn for the worst. We just finished passing the bridge, when suddenly we spotted something ahead of us. We immediately applied our breaks, hoping that we didn't hit what was in front of us. A took a peak out of the cab to see Thomas right in front of us. Fortunately he applied his breaks quickly. We were inches away from being buffer-to-buffer with Thomas. Before we could ask any questions, Thomas asked if we had seen James anywhere. We responded truthfully, saying that we hadn't seen him. Thomas' expression became more saddened. He had a cut on his left cheek, and his eyes seemed to be less lively than usual. Thomas' crew, Chase and Russel climbed out of the cab. They said they were going to go check the ironworks for survivors. We immediately shot down their idea, saying that it wasn't safe. We explained the whole situation to them, how the ironworks was attacked and we were the sole survivors. Thomas however kept insisting on going, saying that there was still a chance for Gordon to still be alive. None of us think Thomas quite understands the situation that we're all in. Eventually, Amanda said that we should go check since there was no point in arguing with Thomas once he has decided to do something. Unfortunately, we had to agree. As we were getting turned around, I gave Thomas and his crew a grim warning that if we were attacked then it's everyone for themselves. Erick scolded me for saying that, claiming that it was too harsh and unnecessary. Whatever, I'm tired of this shit. Anyways, we're on our way now. We've tried asking Thomas about his story, but he says he doesn't wan't to talk about it. His crew has kept his wish and remained silent. I have a bad feeling that they're hiding something.

6:24 AM

Well, no good news here. As I expected, the ironworks was wrecked. Many things had fallen over, or had been destroyed. The smell of blood was everywhere. I felt lightheaded just being there. We came to an agreement to check if Gordon was alive, then leave either with or without him. The normal ambience of the ironworks had been intensified. Usually the ironworks in itself is pretty disturbing, but with the possibility of a monster roaming around made it more eerie. To our misfortune, we found Molly's deserted corpse. Most of her face was torn, and she only had one eye. I nearly vomited just being around her. Erick noticed that there seemed to be dried tears on her remaining cheek. I feel bad for Molly, she must've been in so much pain when she was attacked. Mary and Jackson's corpses seemed to be missing, though. My best guess is that the creature took them. We went further down the line, into the smelters. To our surprise, we found at least 4 corpses laying on the side of the ironworks. 2 of them (I believe) were the mainline engines that came here to help us. The other two were the ironworks diesels, Arry and Bert. All of them were badly damaged. They had multiple dents and missing parts. However, something caught my eye. A bit further down the line was Diesel, specifically the one that Duck isn't quite fond of. For whatever reason, he had saws all over in. On was jammed into the middle of his face. Even though both me and Erick felt bad, Duck didn't seem to mind. That just shows how much Duck despised him. We kept going down the line, and surely at the end was Gordon's corpse. All of his skin and organs seemed to have been removed, revealing flesh and what seems like a skull. I heard Amanda vomit behind me when she took a look. There was a short mournful silence before Thomas burst into tears. Duck tried to calm him down, but Thomas just snapped at us saying it was our fault. Nobody said anything, we just remained silent. We decided to leave and leave the former express engine to rest. I don't wan't to think of whatever attacked us is capable of, because so far it seems to be in a whole other league. May all of the engines at the ironworks rest in peace.