RED Heavy x RED Medic

The RED Medic was sitting at his desk. His head was in his hands and his glasses were by his elbow. Papers of all sorts were strewn across the table. He groaned. Staying up at this hour was normal for him, but it was usually because of work. Not today, though. Today it was different. There was something else keeping him up. Someone, should he say.

The Medic hadn't properly felt this way for years. Sure, he'd thought about it, but he had never considered the possibility that it would happen to him. When it started, he told himself it was nothing, that he was just imagining it. But he knew he couldn't keep telling himself lies, even though he couldn't face the fact that he was falling for his teammate. Because it was on that day, Medic realised. He was in love.

It began when he was operating on the Heavy. Everything was going normally, but when the large man got up to leave, their hands brushed together. It was only for a second but that simple touch made Medic's heart flutter like nothing ever had before. What was happening? They had touched plenty of times. Why was this time... different? He ignored it and set off into battle with his team, trying his best to forget what just happened.

Ever since that day, the Medic hadn't been able to keep his eyes off the Heavy. And as much as he didn't want to admit it, he found himself attached to the other man, always staying by his side in battle. It might've just been his imagination, but he felt like Heavy tried to spend more time with the Medic as well. Just the thought of the other man made the doctor turn red and it didn't help when Heavy sometimes came up to him and asked if he was alright. Why the Heavy cared for him was something Medic didn't understand. He had much better things to do with his time instead of being with the German doctor.

A few days passed and Medic had accepted that he liked spending time with the Heavy. They regularly played chess against eachother, and he always got mad because Heavy won, but Heavy still played with him. Some days when Medic stayed awake for too long, Heavy would storm into the medbay and pick Medic up onto his shoulder - telling him he needed to sleep - and carry him to Medic's bed where he would gently drop the doctor and wish him goodnight. He sometimes fantasized about him and the Heavy being together but always shook the thoughts away because he knew it would never work. Plus, they were both men and he didn't know how the others would react. He had seen his team's Sniper and the enemy Spy doing... questionable things but it was never romantic (at least, he didn't think it was) and they were on opposite sides anyway. At least he had a chance with Heavy- wait what? The Medic felt his face heating up and cursed himself for thinking about that. He only liked the Heavy as a best friend, not...

But they did sometimes share a bed... and cuddle... and give each other little forehead kisses... but it was never romantic! The Medic thought about this. Alright, they were all romantic things but if Heavy was okay with it, wouldn't that mean- Heavy liked him?

"Nein, stop having zhose thoughts, Dummkopf!"

"But vhat if...?"

"Ach, I need to know!"

The Medic wouldn't deny it, he longed for that tingly feeling, that shiver down his spine when they touched shoulders or their hands wandered too close. He wanted to be held by the Heavy, to be safe in his arms. No, he needed to be. He was going to tell Heavy how he felt.