Chapter 2: The Heroes

Tw: panicking/scars(not in detail)/self deprecating thoughts/hallucinations

———————————————————————
Tommy POV:

I woke up screaming. 'Where am I?!' I wondered frantically. It was dark and I didn't recognize a thing. There were explosions all around me. I grabbed my sword and looked around wildly for the person to blame but saw no one even though the explosions got even louder. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I flinched. "Don't fucking touch me!" I yelled as I spun around, raising my sword in a defensive stance. Oh... It's Mitsuki. I saw Masaru in the doorway, shielding himself from the explosions. 'I'm not there anymore.' I remembered 'He's not here.' I calmed down a bit and the explosions stopped. "Sorry" I mumbled, lowering my sword . "Bad dream" Mitsuki looked at me sadly. "I hope you feel better soon because that sounded more like a nightmare." Masaru got me a glass of water and they both sat with me until I calmed down as much as I could and we all went back to bed for the night.

(In the morning)

Narrator:

Tommy gets up and realizes that he doesn't know much about this place he's in. He puts on a sweatshirt to hide his scars, grabs his sword, hides the scars on his face the best he can with just makeup, puts in his contacts, and fixes his hair. He walks out of his room and sees Masaru reading a newspaper in the living room.

Tommy: Hey Masaru, could I go exploring? I want to get to know the area better.

'So that he doesn't find me'

Masaru: Of course! Just remember don't go too far, don't touch wild animals, make sure to come back soon,(insert more words of fatherly advice)

Tommy: Yeah, yeah, sure. Bye old man!

He runs out the door cheering

Masaru: Hey! I'm not that old... Wahhhh! I hope he doesn't get hurt! Is this what worry feels like?

Mitsuki: Yes hon. I do believe that is in fact worry. He'll be fine though! Probably...

With Tommy

He ran as fast as he could. All the people here were freaking him out being all polite and shit. Also he needed more materials if he wanted to protect himself from Dream. He saw a forest up ahead. 'That'll be a good place to gather wood and I can make a mine to get stone and iron.' He thought to himself. He ran into the forest until he was way out of sight of the houses.

He chopped down a few trees and dug a base hidden under a fallen log. He added a crafting table and a few chests before starting a mine and making a furnace and a stone pickaxe. He was mining until he had found 2 stacks of cobblestone, 33 coal, and 20 iron. 'I should probably go exploring like I said I would' Tommy thought. He stashed the cobblestone in the chests and put the iron and coal into the furnace to smelt. With that he climbed out of his base and made sure it was hidden well enough so that it wasn't very noticeable but he'd still be able to find it again. "Thou shall now be dubbed, 'Big Man Tommyinnits Secret Hideout'" he said, tapping both sides of the entrance with his sword and then running off laughing like a little kid.

Tommy had two choices. 1, go explore the main city, and 2, explore the area he was living. He had already seen most of what there was to see in the neighborhood so of course he chose to explore the city. After all, what good would it ever do him if he always freaked out whenever he saw someone using their quirk. Or if he always accidentally exploded whenever a lot of people surrounded him. Or if he freaked out when there were people at all for that matter. Everything here was so different. How was he not supposed to grab for his sword whenever people bumped into him? How was he supposed to know that they weren't going to hurt him? Either way he had another way of defense now. The explosions. Not what he would've had if he had the choice, but big man Tommyinnit never backs down from a challenge!