TMA || 17

>>>ARETHA'S OUTFIT

I took a deep breath in and out.

I could do this.

After listening to Rafe further explain to me about the situation with the company, and his suspicions, we agreed that while I had my own task to do, I'd come with him to meet Shelby first. That's not what had me so nervous though.

I hadn't fully digested Raphael's offer, despite understanding where he as coming from. I've always wanted to do something greater with my life, and in a week, I went from being an ex-hotel employee, to owning a hotel.

And a whole lot more.

The papers would be coming in this afternoon for me to sign. I was freaking out, despite the cheerleader in my head who was telling me I could do it. It wasn't so much the whole ownership thing that had me freaked out, but rather the responsibility that comes with it.

As much as Raphael trusts me, I'm afraid. His company is an established multibillionaire company. Granted he isn't leaving it in my hands, he is leaving some hefty responsibility on me, and I guess I just need time to truly adjust to such a great shift in my life.

I became a mother, wife and business woman in less than a week.

"You look like you're about to pass out," my husband whispered in my ear. The effect was visible on my skin.

"I'm not going to pass out, but I am a little overwhelmed. She wont respect me Rafe, and I know that much already. She probably thinks that I scammed you into this marriage," I sighed.

"Which you didn't do," he scowled.

"We both know that, but it doesn't look that way to her. She wont take my presence seriously and you want me to be respected. How can we start when not even Shelby will respect me?" I asked.

"Mi amore, I'm not sure what you want me to do here. I know you and I know you don't want me to put her in her place, but at the same time you don't want her disrespecting you. What's a man to do exactly?" he groaned, making me laugh.

"I love you Raphael," I smiled.

"I love you too Mrs Maestri," he said before kissing me. Shelby walked into the conference room just as we pulled away.

"Oh? She's here?" she squeaked.

"Hello Shelby," I smiled at her.

Kill em with kindness!

"Good morning Mr Maestri," she greeted.

"There are two of us in the room Shelby," my husband said in warning.

"Morning Aretha," she sneered my way.

"Respect Miss Callaway. Is this how you treat my clients?" he asked. She looked like she was swallowing rocks.

"Good morning Mrs Maestri," she said, saying 'Mrs Maestri' like it burnt her tongue.

"What do you have for us?" I asked, taking charge of the meeting.

"I was under the impression that I would be meeting with Mr Maestri alone," she said.

"Why? Was there a particular reason you wanted to be alone with him?" I asked innocently. She squirmed uncomfortably while my husband hid a laugh beside me with a cough.

"There's no particular reason why," she mumbled.

"Good! Then this meeting can get on. My wife is the unofficial co-owner and Chairman of the Board for The Maestri Empires and all businesses associated with it, so her presence is of great significance," my husband bothered himself with explaining to her.